Melita Refund, how long it REALLY takes?

hi guys,

i have closed my melita account on 28th feb 2014 and applied for a refund, with their procedure, delivered the router to their tech and they phisically collected the router and closed the internet access on 28th feb.

I had a 100 euro deposit, and they will charge 8 euro for a bank transfer, ridiculous but OK, i left Malta so no choice but that.

OK, then i got told it will take 6 weeks for having the deposit back to my bank account so i was patiently waiting.

After some back and forth with their CS via email i have been told that it's 6 weeks from the date WHEN their finance department processes the refund, OK i said FINE.

Then they said it will be sent out "around the end of april 2014", DIDNT HAPPEN.

Contacted them again, they said "within the first week of may which means may 1-7th".

NOW, as of today Thursday 8th May 2014, there is no trace of my 92 euro. I am one step in contacting my lawyer because they have been just ridiculous, they keep writing me back saying "we have raised this with finance department as urgent bla bla bla" yet nothing happens.

Anyone has had same experience recently? Ive heard a friend of mine and it took him 6 months! I mean, seriously???

I have done what their procedure requested therefore i am entitled to have the refund, there is no exception.

Any info highly appreciated.

thanks
Gab

theyre not interested and will think they ve scored and wont be rushing to refund you ... this is what happens all to often here once you leave a

toonarmy9752 wrote:

theyre not interested and will think they ve scored and wont be rushing to refund you ... this is what happens all to often here once you leave a

well, not interested? they were interested when I had to pay them 100 euro though....wow, I'd really hope they would learn how to deal with customers in a different way. if customers leave Malta, AND that is allowed in the contract, it shouldn't be a major issue. I of course understand they don't like it, but what should I do? I just want a fair treatment. they should say DEPOSIT will be lost. then would be fine.

I will keep pestering them via email and soon contacting them via my lawyer - let's see how fast things happen. it's really sad having to go via the lawyer for such a small amount but well, otherwise things don't happen.

sorry for the rant but I find it unacceptable having to wait 2 months for some 92 euro is out of the question.

BTW my advice : Stay away from Melita!!! I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else in the future... oh also, make sure you find out the hidden download limits. is not unlimited download.

and also, the most expensive fiber connection in all Europe, I was paying 60 euro a month for 60 mbit only for having a mere 2 mbit upload.

right now I am in UK, I have a fibre optic 40 mbit download / 10 mbit upload and I pay 25 euro a month! too bad Melita has the monopoly!

ok end of rant 2. but please if anyone else has timelines in regards to refunds do post here.

melita in my opinion works fabulously well for me and haven't had any issues with speed or service with them in terms of internet but phone and tv - is rubbish - they do not have a monopoly either Go offer the similar services  - but as for costs we get 30mbps for 20e a month  - and yes there are no such things here as unlimited download for normal domestic internet  - business yes  -  a friend of mine has moved to Cyprus recently and theyre paying 46e for 6mbps..... wtf

Just for comparison. In England, I'm paying over £60pm just for phone and internet with BT and am lucky to get 512k - and that's shared between 50 householders. It's called Longreach Broadband  - because we are more than 5km from an exchange. There are NO plans at all - not even on the distant horizon for this to be upgraded.

I'm looking forward to the incredible speeds you are mentioning - even 6mbps would be heaven!  :sosad:

toonarmy9752 wrote:

melita in my opinion works fabulously well for me and haven't had any issues with speed or service with them in terms of internet but phone and tv - is rubbish - they do not have a monopoly either Go offer the similar services  - but as for costs we get 30mbps for 20e a month  - and yes there are no such things here as unlimited download for normal domestic internet  - business yes  -  a friend of mine has moved to Cyprus recently and theyre paying 46e for 6mbps..... wtf

alright, thanks for sharing your experience....hope i get my refund soon!!!

MovingToTheMed wrote:

Just for comparison. In England, I'm paying over £60pm just for phone and internet with BT and am lucky to get 512k - and that's shared between 50 householders. It's called Longreach Broadband  - because we are more than 5km from an exchange. There are NO plans at all - not even on the distant horizon for this to be upgraded.

I'm looking forward to the incredible speeds you are mentioning - even 6mbps would be heaven!  :sosad:

wow that is shocking, I have everything with Sky right now (phone and fiber optic) and i am really pleased with it, fast and all. i live in City though, sorry about the poor speeds!

To be honest, I've been with Melita for nearly 1 year now, and I couldn't be happier with their services. As toon said, their TV option sucks, but that's what you get here. With regards to refund, I paid 200 deposit when the services were installed initially and as soon as I got my ID card, those 200 have been deducted from my bills, which was okay for me. Not sure how it worked with you but if you cancel their services prior to the end of the contact, are you entitled to a refund?

I have some great news... yesterday i finally had the deposit back in my bank... it took exactly 9 weeks since the day our internet was shut down. Hope it helps someone now.
God bless

Had the same problem when we returned home from Malta. Returned equiptment to Mellita office in St Pauls and was told refund would be payed into our Bank account.  After several months of hearing nothing we contacted Mellita via E Mail and got reply saying they were unable to transfer deposit because they didn't have our banks ( I Ban No ) never told this when we returned equiptment.  Several months later and many E Mails back and forth we finally received our refund less charges and currency exchange charges so our 75 Euro deposit reduced to approx 25 Euros.   Glad to hear you got your refund better late than never.

Regards