S pass rejected company applied for an appeal what are the chances?

I got a job offer from a singaporean government company and signed a 2 yrs contract with monthly fixed salary of 2200 sgd but the problem is when they applied for my S pass it was rejected and HR told me that they already applied for an appeal. I do not know what are the reasons for being rejected but I already submitted all my documents ( professional license certificate from my country, international license as well, transcript of records, diploma (bachelor's degree), certificate of graduation, certificate of internship, certificate of employment 2.5 years work experience (companies i worked for in my country)and this will be my first time to work abroad if ever hehe, IELTS test report and my CGFNS visa screen certificate as well ) prior to my job interview. HR told me that it will take 6 weeks for the outcome of the appeal that is why i decided to go home in my country for a while but HR asked me to have my medical exam in my country while waiting and gave a deadline to submit to them the medical report which will be on May 23 which worries me because by that time I do not know the outcome yet of the appeal for its not yet 6 weeks as they told me. My question is do i have higher chances of getting approved now? And what could be the reason why i got rejected at first? And will it be ok if i would ask Hr that we should wait first for the outcome of the appeal and if it will be approved this time then thats the time that I am going to have my medical exam or this will just give them a negative impression on my end because im contradicting their instructions? ( well i just wanna be fair...)

S$2200/month is the absolute minimum salary for which an S-Pass can be applied. (Please also note that it will not be enough to have a reasonable lifestyle and/or do some savings!)
Since you have a university degree and some work experience, MoM most certainly thinks this salary too low for your background, and thus rejected you. A degree holder fresh from university can expect a starting salary of S$3000 or more.
An appeal will only work if the circumstances have changed or additional information is included that was not submitted before. Just asking MoM to look at it again will yield the same result. What reasons did your employer base the appeal on?
The medical exam for work pass issuance is only needed after your arrival. I do not know why your HR needs an examination now. Maybe you can ask them?

Thanks Beppi for the reply,
When i look for a job here in sg i only put 1800 sgd as my expected salary since this will be my first time to work abroad. Then when i got hired from this company they gave me 1900 sgd basic salary plus fixed housing allowance of 300 sgd. For me 2200 sgd will be enough since i am thrifty and i know my limitations when it comes to money. I was not able to submit my IELTS exam report and CGFNS visa screen certificate during the interview to the HR because the IELTS exam (english language proficiency exam by the British council) and CGFNS visa screen (credential assesment / screening program for healthcare workers who wants to work in the United States that asses one's education, experience and license held) do not seem to be relevant or useful in my application here in sg since these are only used for H1B occupational visa application for the USA but when my pass application got rejected I decided to send my IELTS exam report and CGFNS visa screen certificate to the HR and they told me that they will also submit this to MOM for my appeal. I was not able to ask their basis for the reason of my appeal. HR told me that I need to have my medical exam while im in my country and asked me to submit the result to them so that their company doctor can check it and also after i get approved for my pass I will undergo the same medical exam again in sg and if I pass that medical exam they will reimburse me the cost i incur in my medical exam in my country...thats what they told me...

Hi beppi,
I got a job offer from a company and hr told me that they applied for the pass and it is still pending but when i checked at MOM website, it shows no record found. Is possible not to show that status of the application? just confused.

Thanks and any help is much appreciated.

Frozen

It is possible, but rare that the system is not correctly updated. You better ask the company to call MoM about it!