Bricklayer work iraq or afghanistan

I am looking for work in either Afghanistan or Irag but just dont know how to go about getting over and who to contact for bricklaying work and what kind of money can be made

Drew Mackay wrote:

I am looking for work in either Afghanistan or Irag but just dont know how to go about getting over and who to contact for bricklaying work and what kind of money can be made

Welcome to EB.

Having worked in Afghanistan for 2 years I honestly have never seen or known of an expat bricklayer. This work is done by locals or cheap Pakistan labor. These guys were paid $5 / day plus food and accommodation, 7 day week, no time off, just work until job is finished.
You could try Kellogg Brown and Root ( KBR), or Fluor Daniel  as they may want someone to supervise tradespeople on camp construction and maintenance work.
To get a job there you must have had overseas experience or have a lot of formal qualifications. Good luck.

Drew Mackay wrote:

I did forget to mention that you would never be able to get a job as a bricklayer in Iraq.

Cheers for that mate. Do you know of anywhere apart from UK that paying good money for bricklayers the likes of Dubai basically middle east. The money in Scotland really poor and has been for long while

Drew Mackay wrote:

Cheers for that mate. Do you know of anywhere apart from UK that paying good money for bricklayers the likes of Dubai basically middle east. The money in Scotland really poor and has been for long while

Nothing in Dubai or anywhere in Middle East as they hire Asians for next to nothing.