Edit Name in Birth Notification issued from hospitals

Dear friends,

Greeting,

Is it possible to add surname for a new born baby in birth notification after its issuance...????

Anybody has any personal experience regarding this matter

With best regards

Hello,

Yes I just done it yesterday. It is very easy. You can ask them to add surname in the birh notification. They will take one day to process all approval.

Thanks!

Dear A_K

Thank you very much for your reply... really appreciate it.

You are most welcome.. :)

Dear A_K

Thanks for your reply, I went to the hospital yesterday but they refused to add the surname, saying that it is banned now in saudi arabia for a newborn to have two names (first name and surname).

What was your case A-K...???

regards,

Isn't the father's surname appended automatically to the child's first name?

haseeba382 wrote:

Dear A_K

Thanks for your reply, I went to the hospital yesterday but they refused to add the surname, saying that it is banned now in saudi arabia for a newborn to have two names (first name and surname).

What was your case A-K...???

regards,

In my case they added only first name. my baby was born on 2/5/2014. May be now there is new rule. I just ask in the reception of hospital to add second name. She took 15 minutes to understand the meaning of second name. I explained her that in our country we are writing two names. She agreed and next day she gave me updated  birth notification for my son.

My one friends's daughter was also born last month and he had same issue. He wend to the hospital and corrected the name. (Added the second name).

I hope that hospital will understand your situation.

Trapezius wrote:

Isn't the father's surname appended automatically to the child's first name?

Yes you are right. The father name is appended automatically for the child's first name.

haseeba382 wrote:

Dear friends,

Greeting,

Is it possible to add surname for a new born baby in birth notification after its issuance...????

Anybody has any personal experience regarding this matter

With best regards

Yes, it is possible.

You need to go to MOH, and there is a department of name correction on birth certificates, you just go and tell them that you need to add "last name" to it, you need to have other documents such as passport or names written in your country ID and they will do it. I did it for myself as my dad forgot to provide surname for my birth certificate 30 years ago due to seeing his bundle of joy...