Start-up costs new business

Hi,

I am a Belgian student, currently staying in Boa Vista for 3 months. For my school, I am doing a project in Sal Rei about opening a job center. Thanks to several blogs and responses of CVAngelo, I found a lot of information. Thank you for this! Still, I need to find some important information. For my business plan, I need to fill in a financial plan. Therefore, I need financial information such as rent, start-up costs (we already have a company so we do not have to pay the establishment costs), gas/water/electricity, personnel costs, insurance costs, medical services, bank charges, etc.

If someone could help me by giving a website or company names which I can contact, I would be very gratefull!

Hi Elisabeth,

These is no one place you can go to get any of this information. You have to go to each source and ask. Or talk to already existing businesses to get an idea of what they pay.

Rent will depend on the size of the place you are trying to rent and where. Just ask around. Each landlord tends to set their own prices. Or ask a rental company like IMOR: http://www.imorcv.com/

For gas/water/electricity check here for the maximum prices allowed by law: http://www.are.cv/index.php

What do you mean by "gas"? The "cooking gas" you can purchase here is PROPANE and you can find it in the link for "combustível". Otherwise, if you meant fuel for cars, those prices are also provided in the same link.

Personnel costs are what ever you think the job is worth. The minimum monthly wage is 11.000 escudos. Of course there are typically wages that are paid for various types of jobs. You have not said what kinds of jobs you need estimates for. But you will not find that information anywhere. Just note that degreed professionals typically earn from 50.000 escudos per month and up depending on experience. Blue-collar workers make a whole lot less. Your best source of information is to ask other employers what they pay.

What kind of insurance??? For insurance costs, call either one of the two local insurance companies, IMPAR or GARANTIA and get a quote!

Medical services??? For an employment training center? What kind of medical services are you talking about? Call a local doctor practicing in the area of medicine you are curious about and ask their fees. Look one up in the CV yellow pages.

Bank charges??? For an employment training center? For what? Banks don't just charge you like that, except for certain types of services, like wire transfers or payroll services. What banking services are you talking about??? Call a local bank and ask them. Like Caixa Economica or BCA.

Won't you be needing local accountant, lawyer, etc?

Elisabeth, it's extremely difficult to provide you with specific answers to your questions as your questions are very generic and not very specific. Why doesn't your sponsor just pay a local english-speaking consultant to do a business plan for you? It should not cost any more than about 1,000 to get this done. And yu can always refine it later.

Angelo

ElisabethCox wrote:

Hi,

I am a Belgian student, currently staying in Boa Vista for 3 months. For my school, I am doing a project in Sal Rei about opening a job center. Thanks to several blogs and responses of CVAngelo, I found a lot of information. Thank you for this! Still, I need to find some important information. For my business plan, I need to fill in a financial plan. Therefore, I need financial information such as rent, start-up costs (we already have a company so we do not have to pay the establishment costs), gas/water/electricity, personnel costs, insurance costs, medical services, bank charges, etc.

If someone could help me by giving a website or company names which I can contact, I would be very gratefull!