Aan alle Suid Afrikaners in Vietnam

Hi,
I am a South African landing on Ho Chi Minh City airport 10 May and want to take a train from there to Nha Trang to see if I can find a piece off beach front land to buy and build a small resort +- 10 little affordable houses. I fly back to Thailand where I live 26 May then to SA till middle July.
I also want to spear fish and scuba dive?
Have you been there?
What can I expect?
What would you recommend?
where can i go?
what is the trains contact details for booking?
Are you still in Vietnam?
Kan jy Afrikaans praat?

Groete/Regards
FB: Corrie Oosthuizen
Jomtine Pattaya
Thailand
Mobile:+66 900706290
Email: [email protected]
Line corrie007
whatsapp Corrie Oosthuizen

Just curious:  How do you believe you can buy land in Vietnam?  All land is owned by the state and the best you can do is lease it, but even that's difficult unless you're a Vietnamese citizen.  Nha Trang is a great place, but quite difficult for a foreigner to invest and develop property.

You cannot buy or own land yourself. You will need a Vietnamese partner who will own the majority share.

Eek zegt, een boer! Eek kan praat maar alleenlik een bietjie afrikaans.

As long as you're in Nha Trang, I'd recommend that you check out the beaches some 50 kilometers north of the city. Nice motorbike ride. Also, if you like wine, Patrick's wine bar is worth a visit. Nice blend of locals, tourists, and expats.

vietnam-railway.com/mend MUI NE ... or hostel in Da nang ,or restaurant in hcm i am still in vietnam ,,Nha trang is mainly 2 streets ,diving stores is available in down town to pick up ur equipments and go with the guide ..

-for train
vietnam-railway.com/

welcome to any advice (10 years tourism expert)

Dan,
Ever heard off making the imposable possible?
Let me share a little off my back ground with you.
I was the first person in South Africa to sell property to colored people in white areas during the apartheid years.
So how did i do that? Laws are made to be broken.
Where there is a will there is a way, you just need to find it.
It is all about your own mind set and will power.
It took me two years off fighting the government and visiting parliament!!!
The group area act was scraped and now any color can buy any ware in SA if you have the money!!
+- 10 years ago foreigners  could not buy property in UAE Dubai and Abu Dhabi, now anybody can buy property there if you have the cash !
The problem is i am retired and don't feel like fighting for the pleasure and wealth of others anymore.
We have the same problems in Thailand, but the way they do it here is to either marry a Thai woman and stand a chance to lose it all he he, or buy with a Thai law partner (attorney)  51% you 49 % in a CC and have a back up contract with him to sell the 51% of the CC to you within three months at  minimal fee, Then be the 100% owner of the CC with the property in the CC mmm ?
So if i really want to buy property in Vietnam i will go and see the government and have the laws changed so that all foreigners can buy there without any problems, but i am retired and tired, i am just looking for a small piece of land anywhere in the world, i have visited many countries by now and have not found that piece of magic worth while fighting for!!!

my kind off man, i think we should meet for a glass of red wine at Patrick's wine bar !!!

Martino_vtn,
thank you will make use off your info,
i think i am going to spend a few day in Ho Chi Minh City but on the beach
i Googeled last night and it seems very nice, will do some more homework before i fly.

Please keep us updated on your progress, as purchasing property in Vietnam as expats is something I am interested in, as I'm sure are many others.

There has been recent talk about opening up Vietnam's real estate market to forgeigners, mainly to help the market's recovery.  However, this is focused on homes and apartments (ie., structures) as opposed to land.  I don't know of any efforts to allow private land ownership, but I'm sure there are more than a few people interested in that.