Clarification on Family Visa

Hi

I am currently working in Bahrain. My spouse (She is currently in India) has also got a job offer but from a different company (i.e. a different Sponsorer). We wanted to relocate our family to Bahrain. I am eligible for Family Visa from my company. Can i bring my child on dependent visa. Will there be a problem in applying my childs visa, since the sponsor of my Visa and my spouse's visa is not the same.

Please advice...

Can anybody please help me to seek clarification for my question....

It shouldn't be a problem. But usually your wife's company should also be able to pay for the kid.

thanks a lot "brightonguy"... Appreciate your response...

This is not a problem at all. I know lots of families in which the two spouses have different sponsors. The children will be under the father's sponsor. Best wishes.

It does depend on the companies, some companies cannot sponsor kids as their job roles are not high enough. LMRA prefers a high salary or a job listed as manager etc. I suggest you both speak to your HR departments and get their advise

Appreciate your response Farhaz...  :)

Thanks a lot for the response Josnuggles... :top:

Good luck, let us know how you get on. You should both inform your companies that you have children as they may have to alter your job title in LMRA to get you the family visa.

Hi,

Im also confused on the aspect of Family Visa :) I requested for one as part of my work package in Bahrain. The employer said that, they will register me for a Family visa, but I will be the one to shoulder the residency expenses of my dependents.. How is that? And can I easily bring my kids with me anytime if I am on family visa?

Thanks.

roastedpeanut wrote:

Hi,

Im also confused on the aspect of Family Visa :) I requested for one as part of my work package in Bahrain. The employer said that, they will register me for a Family visa, but I will be the one to shoulder the residency expenses of my dependents.. How is that? And can I easily bring my kids with me anytime if I am on family visa?

Thanks.

This is indeed possible, but, your employer obviously does not want to pay for anything to do with your family. They are trying to be cheap and get you to bear all family related expenses. Be aware - expenses for dependents can be high. Visas, air tickets, medical, rent, school fees for kids, food, living expenses. All these can stack up.

To answer the other part of your question, once you and your family have their visas, you can travel to and from Bahrain freely, as long as the visas are valid.

Thanks Farhaz, I am aware of the expenses for dependents. My plan for my dependents to live and study here is still out of the question as of the moment. What Im trying to achieve is that they can go and visit  Bahrain for certain period of time with no problem coz they are covered by me. What do you mean by expenses for the visa? Does it not cover my status as Family visa for my dependent? which the company can sponsor for me? My thinking is that the company as they said they will be my status to family visa. So that means they will pay for my dependents visa? Confused again :(

Thanks

Dear All

My daughter got her dependent Visa under my sponsorship. My family is relocating to Bahrain by mid June 2014. Thanks a lot for all your support and guidance.

Congratulations. Let us know if you need any further help.

roastedpeanut wrote:

Thanks Farhaz, I am aware of the expenses for dependents. My plan for my dependents to live and study here is still out of the question as of the moment. What Im trying to achieve is that they can go and visit  Bahrain for certain period of time with no problem coz they are covered by me. What do you mean by expenses for the visa? Does it not cover my status as Family visa for my dependent? which the company can sponsor for me? My thinking is that the company as they said they will be my status to family visa. So that means they will pay for my dependents visa? Confused again :(

Thanks

Most companies will be reluctant to give you a family visa unless your family are living here and studying here - to be honest why should they pay the extra expense to get more visas if they aren't living here! ( a family visa is a lot more expensive than a single man visa - obviously)
Your company will be sponsoring you and your family which means they are responsible for you all. They will not be responsible for people who live in another country.
Get your visa and ask your company to apply for visit visa's as and when your family wish to visit.

thanks for the clarification Josnuggles. my visa is still on process. hoping it will be out before the end of June :)