Scotland

Hello everyone,

I have few doubts about Scotland , I am basically originated from India , but from last 2 years leaving in Germany , about to complete my Master in Electronics Engineering , with 1+ year work experience , i am looking for some jobs in Scotland , so i want to know some important information

1) what is Avg salaries for master student with 1+ year work experience ?

2) Avg Monthly Rents for Single room for a bachelor ?

3) Any mandatory health insurance's ?

4) What are taxes per annum ?

5) Public transportation ?

i am waiting  positive answers , i read previous forums , but i could find proper answers

with best  wishes

Rohit .A

Hello Rohit,

I just saw your post and thought I give you at least some answers:

Public transportation in Glasgow and Edinburgh is very good, the more rural you get, the worse it gets of course :)
Trains tend to be kind of expensive but from my experience they are better than their reputation!

Anyone resident in Scotland gets healthcare for free. You register with your local general practicioner who will see you first with every issue you might have.

The taxes per annum vary, depending on your income. You can look up some topics at the HMR & C website.

As far as rents go, it is a matter of where you live. After the recession the rental market has boomed, housing is very expensive (as are living costs in general).

In general I would say in terms of salaries, health care etc. you are better off in Germany. Salaries tend to be on the low side here but I don't know anything about the specific area you mentioned.

I can recommend the book "living and working in Britain" which I bought before I relocated to Scotland. It gives you a very good overview about all necessary topics.

I hope that helps you somewhat!

Regards from a rainy Scotland!
Ciorstain

Hello Ciorstain ,

thank you so much for your time on my questions ,  Even i am trying to Get job here in Germany , the main issue i can speak German but not that good , Scotland is English speaking country i have much comfort with english
coming to Salaries i heard for masters student with 1 year work exp it will around 32k pounds per annum which is good salaries , actually in Germany we get more

if you know anything else please let me know

[email protected] is my email id

with regards
Rohit Kumar Ageer