Schooling for Non Norwegian speaking kids

Hello
We are planning to shift to OSLO in Mid Aug 2014. My Son is in year 5 / 5th std and has been in medium school throughout.
I did a check and couldn't find any school which offer education in English medium except for Oslo International School, which is beyond my budget to pay.

I also understand, from one of my friend that there are Norwegian schools, which admit the students who don't have command over Norwegian language and the emphasis is on developing the local language , before they move to full school. I would like to have the more information on this please, as this is very key point and would help me.

Also advise on any other oprions shall be helpful.. Thanks for your responses.

saket

I know Bjørnholt skole has an English-speaking class (for 13 year-old onwards). Students get extra help in Norwegian if needed.

tiaccisaw wrote:

I know Bjørnholt skole has an English-speaking class (for 13 year-old onwards). Students get extra help in Norwegian if needed.

Thanks dear,, does it mean they offer education in English language for 13 yrs onwards ... thanks again.

Yes. Norwegian is still compulsory, but non-Norwegian speakers have Norwegian as a foreign language classes. Most of the students are Norwegian-speakers, though.