What are your 4th of July Plans? I have an idea!

Hello to all expats in Estonia!  I am new to this website and have just moved to Estonia full time last week.

Fourth of July (US Independence Day) is quickly approaching and it would be a sad thing to not have hamburgers and hot dogs on a BBQ outside.  For anyone interested in celebration Independence Day abroad, I wanted to suggest a nice idea:

There is a concert being performed at the Padise Monastery ruins on July 4th.  Some very famous artists will be there.

The first ad is the one I am talking about in Padise Klooster.

I am currently working as the General Manager for the Padise Mõis Hotell which is situated next door and I was thinking wouldn't be great to have some traditional 4th of July food also that night!  The Padise manor hotel and restaurant has a lot more to offer too.  I am not trying to sell anything here, I just wanted to suggest an idea for a place to meet fellow expats and Americans who want to celebrate the holiday even though we aren't in the US.

Here is the website of the hotel padisemois.ee and you can easily google map Padise to get directions.

Let me know what you think and if there are any other 4th of July ideas, please write them too!

Best,

Karl

For those of you in Tallinn, I know that several of us are already signed up to go to the Annual USA Independence Day Celebration & Family Picnic hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia.  amcham.ee/failid/July4_Program.pdf  You do NOT have to be a member to attend & remember to bring your American passport!

Wow, that sounds like a really fun time.  I really wish I could make that event!  Too bad I can't make it, have to work but if anyone is still interested, Padise is only about a 40 minute drive south of Tallinn.  I think the music should be quite good!

Happy Jaanipäev Eve!

-Karl