New resident permit regulations in Turkey

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the new residence permit regulations in Turkey?
What do you need to apply?
Where do you apply?
How long roughly does it take?

Any other hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A law has been published but not all police stations are abiding by it, law and practice aren't synonymous here unfortunately..

My advice is go to your local police station, take all your papers (book an appointment ASAP) and ask for yourself. Get a clear answer and not a "Come back after xx days and we'll see". It really depends on your nationality and your date of entry.

I personally had to leave the country, get a visa from the Turkish consulate in my country and come back. Some of my friends were told nothing has changed and they can apply from here. Some police stations were insisting on being provided with a bank statement others were okay with just an exchange slip. All asked for insurance.

Good luck

The most important is "You need a private health insurance provided by a local insurance company; not sgk"

What is a blue book?

I have heard the blue residence book is being replaced with an ID card similar to what Turkish citizens have. The cost for this is I hear very low compared to old book.