Kiwi launched - Keep India Beautiful

Hi all, last year I was sitting with my accountant here in Delhi and we discussed the merits of a social project, something that might capture the interest of a large sector of the Indian population and in turn give some really good results.

I proposed to launch Keep India Beautiful, to function very similar to Keep New Zealand Beautiful, Keep Australia Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful, and as similar to the so many other 'Beautiful' organisations round the world.

Our slant is to become a resource for information to enable communities to undertake Clean, Green and Healthy projects in their areas.  We would provide support and promote groups and organisations that are doing projects and our web site would become a focus for everyone to learn so much about the environment, conservation, healthy living, sustainability and so much more as time goes by.

People love the name, people like the idea and we are now at the point of becoming very much more visible with our web site kib.org.in up and running and we have developed an information pack to make it very much easier to provide awareness and supportive materials quickly to interested people.  But we do need help.

Being a foreigner that is Vice President and Project Head of KIB, we are often asked, how many other foreigners are involved.  Sadly none.  We have a small and seemingly quiet group of volunteers ready to go forth and collect litter, but could really do with some energetic people that can help with expanding the information packs and resources.  I created the web site, it needs so much more done to it to make it dynamic and interesting to all that visit.

With the Commonwealth Games getting ever closer we hope to have some presence in the minds of the nation, there is so much to do and as we are so young but being looked at for providing so much, which we can do if we have some dynamic people to help to expand our information resources.  This is our real project, challenging new thinking and giving awareness and the tools to make healthy changes.

Anyone interested in helping a little?

Thanks  Chris

[email protected]

Great project if you ask me :)

Keep on the good works.