Visa renewal

Hi all,

I m Mikka, and i am about to move from France to HCMC.
I want to find a job there and stay for some years. I have some concern about the visa renewal.
May you please tell me how and where to apply for the renewal of my visa?

thank for your help :)

Regards,

Mikka

Salut Mikka

Nice idea to come and live and work in HCMC, sure you will enjoy it. Visa renewal is not a problem and very easy to do, start yourself off with a 3 month tourist visa from your embassy, or on arrival at Tan Son Nhat airport then just renew it once it expires at any of the hundreds of travel agenices in the tourist district . If you still havent a job and a work permit  after 6 months then you will need to leave the country to get a new visa, so in this case you take a bus to Phnom Penh ($12  6/7 hours) and make a visa at the Vietnamese embassy there, sometimes they offer 6 months visa or longer, but this changes frequently.

For your work permit you will need to get a police check in France before you come, also a certified notorised copy of your degree.

Hope this helps

Welcome to Saigon!
Absolutely agree with NicoM.
Do not worry much about your visa extensions.

The guys that replied your blog did not mentioned that your are not supposed to work without a work permit. They assume that everything is ok as their friends were also doing the same things. Come on guys! tell her the truth ..... tell her about the penalty as well ...

The picture is of a man and his name is Mikael so we wont be telling "her" anything...yes you need a work permit to work here, that's obvious, whether you do that or not is up to you, although depending on the kind of work you will be doing the company will help you with that. To get a work permit you need a job offer and most everybody will start working before they have the work permit itself as the process will take several months.

And it's clear law in all countries that you cannot work legally without a WP &TRC, without mentioning  :)

Hi
Don't need to leave  VN after 6 months. I could get 10 months visa without leaving VN (3 months+ 3 months renewals + 1 months + 3 montths). A travel agency helped me for the VISA (Vina day in De Tham Street D. 1 HCMC).
To get a work permit you need 5 years experience to be able to get one (but they are always way around....)

just a small correction, don't wait till your visa expires, renew it about 2 weeks prior

teachdexter wrote:

The guys that replied your blog did not mentioned that your are not supposed to work without a work permit. They assume that everything is ok as their friends were also doing the same things. Come on guys! tell her the truth ..... tell her about the penalty as well ...

I believe the Gov had a big purge of people doing illigit work last year

mark stutley wrote:
teachdexter wrote:

I believe the Gov had a big purge of people doing illigit work last year

Well the Govt wont do too much as its the government officials who are paid to do the deals.

Hi All !

THANK YOU ALL for your replies and all informations you gave to me.
I will follow your advices. i do not worry anymore :)

Thank you again NicoM, Charmavietnam, Teachdexter, Titebite, Mark, hmd63 (i may contact you then)

Have a great day !

Mikka

tnx and have a great days in advance

Hi Mikka,
Can't agree more with Nicom.
If you want to stay and work in Vietnam, you are required to  have a valid work permit (36 months). In case you work in Vietnam less than 3 months, you will be exampted from this document.
If you work in Vietnam more than 3 months, you have to obtain this, and get the check in your country before you come.
Moreover, if you still dont have an available job in Vietnam before you come, I suggest you can get a vietnam tourist visa. For this, you can choose to apply online through a visa agency, which  may help you to save money and time :) You can try the following site is famoust for their high quality.
http:// evietnamvisa.org/how-it-works/apply-vietnam-visa-arrival/
After 6 months, if you still dont have a job then you will need to leave the country to get a new visa.
Goodluck :)

Hi Morepassion,

Thank you very much for your informations !

Appreciate it !!

Mikka :)