Car Hire in Spain

Any suggestions about the best deals available for car hire in Spain in July?

It looks to me as though whoever monitors this website isn't keen on us posting links to anyone but their own advertisers.

The truth is though that everyone who uses any particular car hire company swears that they've found the best deal. To be honest they are all much of a sameness for the smaller companies that most holidaymakers tend to use.

Goldcar got some very bad publicity a while back because of their hiring and firing policies.Goldcar and Argus often get criticised by consumer reports

Most of the companies pull a scam. When you pick up the car they say the tank is full and that you have to return it empty. They then overcharge for the fuel in the tank. So a car you could tank up for 45€ at any full price petrol station they tell you has 60€ of fuel on board and they add 60€ to you bill. When you return the car you end up leaving them a quarter tank or whatever and they make out of the deal again because you give them some free fuel which they sell on to the next user at the inflated price. I understand that if, on booking, you demand full tank to full tank some of the companies will agree.

I've always thought CarJet offer good deals and they offer an insurance to cover the excess waiver which at least you get to know the price of before you pick up the car. With lots of the hirers insurance excesses, costs to insure the wheels and underside of the car etc are often added at the time you go for the keys.

Thanks for the reply. Send me a PM if you have any further details/comments