Part Time Job In Oman

:) Hi,

I am Pawan from New Delhi India, I have job offer from Oman with following terms:
Industry Real Estate Construction
Group: Alkhonji Group,
Profile Customer Care
Offer Details
Basic: 150
HRA: 80 Deducted if company provides bachelor accomodation
Telephone: 10
Other: 110
Other: company will provide general medical expenses in company approved clinics
Please comment on the above offer and saving which i can make out after meeting out basic expenses, I have non drinking and non smoking habits, pure vegetarian. I donot spend much except basic expenses.
I had one important question of whether Can I work part time on weekend in Muscat? How is the work culture in oman when talked about Muscat and what are the hourly wages, when one works part time.
There is nothing mentioned in the offer letter about part time working.
Please help and suggest what is best in my case.
--
Thanks & regards
Pawan Sagar

Dear Pawan,
The offered salary (OMR 350) is not really welcoming, however considering your current scenarios  (Which we don't know), you may or may not accept this. If the accomodation is provided to you, your remmuration will reduce to OMR 270 which somehow allow much saving potential. I would suggest you that you should insist your company for providing the accomodation + utility bills (Gas /  Electricity / Water). That will save a considerable amount.

Considering above, provided with the accomodation + utilities, you can probably save atleast 100 OMR a month. Leading a simple (Vegetarian) living in muscat (As a bachelor) costs around 150 to 180 OMR a month (excluding accomodation etc).

Secondly, doing a part time job in Oman is strictly prohibitted. Please note that you can not work anywhere else than your employer (from whom  your work visa is issued). If caught working at a place without the relevant visa, you may be deported from the country with possible offence fines etc.

Best of luck brother and we do welcome you to ask for any further assistance.

regards,
Schaz!

Hi Pawansgr,

I fully endorse what schaz has said above.

For a bachelor the salary which you have been offered, though less, would suffice.

Part-time employment is out of the question. Don't even consider it as an option to earn some extra money.

Best wishes.

Sir,

Thanks for your reply, I have got another offer from same employer, now they are offering 400 and HRA of 80, that comes around to 480 per month, please let me know, should i consider their offer, an early reply is expected as i have to reply them by  Lunch hours of 12 June 2014.

--
Thanks for your support guys..!!!
Pawan

Hi Pawansgr,

Just be aware of an important issue here. Lately the expatriate employment rules have been made very stringent.

So if you do choose to accept this offer, you will be stuck with Al Khonji for a minimum period of 2 years, within which time you cannot switch jobs.

If you decide not to continue with Al Khonji on the completion of your 2-year contract period and go back to India, then you cannot return to Oman for another 2 years.

So whatever you decide to do, think it through carefully and consider all aspects.

Good luck and all the very best to you.

Hi take the offer. May be after an year you can move a different role with more pay. Secondly if you are around 22 to 25 and unmarried and have plan for next two years then no issues .

Sir ,                                                                                          I am from Punjab.I have been offered a salary of 800 + OR . for a trainer's profile. Could you please help whether this is sufficient for survival along with kids in Muscat.Will I be able to save money?Plz help...Very confused.

ritu dewan wrote:

Sir ,                                                                                          I am from Punjab.I have been offered a salary of 800 + OR . for a trainer's profile. Could you please help whether this is sufficient for survival along with kids in Muscat.Will I be able to save money?Plz help...Very confused.

Hello ritu dewan,

If it's a consolidate carry home package, I am afraid then it would not be sufficient for a family to live by.

If all expenses are taken care of and if this is the net in hand, then perhaps it is manageable, but it still is by no means an excellent salary.

Best of luck.

Thanks  a ton!!!! My confusion is over