Kindergarten or Mums and Tots Group

Hi there,

I will be moving to Black River, Mauritius from the UK with my husband and 2 small boys (a 2 year old and 8 month old) in July this year. I was wondering if there are any good kindergartens or preschools for my 2 year old in the area and any mum and tots groups for me and my baby?

We are really looking forward to the sunshine and blue skies!  :D

Hi there,

Did you have any replies on this?

I am also interested.

Thanks
Vicky

Hi Vicky...

I'm afraid not! I will let you know if I come across anything!
X

Hi there,

are there any mums ans tods groups in the North?

Ivana

PAUL & VIRGINIE SCHOOL AT TAMARIN

If you search nursery in this blog, you will find a list of nurseries and kindergartens.

At the corner cafe in Black river, every Thursday used to be a mum group meeting.

Please visit le nid Mauritius's website on Facebook!

It's soo far away..... :(

There is one in Port Louis too

Hello, i live in black river and i have a 2 year old. My daughter goes to La Case des Bambins, is a preschool in black river. There is also a group that meets every thursdays for mums and tots. There is a group of facebook for mums in the area called "black river mums" that is very helpful.

Hey,
We are also in the process of moving to Mauritius. I have to little boys a 2 year old and a 3 year old. So I understand the need for nursery or playgroups. There are a few private nurseries and it all depends whether you want a Christian or not. I have recently been in touch with lighthouse primary school and thy were really quick at responding to my emails. As I am not familiar with the area do not know how far this will be from you but here is the link.
lighthouseprimaryschool.org

We are hoping to move at the end of this year. So maybe we can get the kids together.
BTW: how did you find the move? Did you get a container to move your stuff there?

Hi guys,
its a shame you are so far away as I am opening an english nursery and preschool
in creve coeur near port louis. This was purely as remember finding it sooo difficult to find a nursery for my daughters last time i was here that was good and had space.
And now have my sons 2yrs and 4 weeks.
this time round all was really smooth with container and customs.

Hello All,

You may find some useful information in the section Nursery and Kindergarten in Mauritius.

Hoping this can help.

Regards

Kenjee

HI Girls,
I can recommend a preschool from 3 years up to 5 years, ECC in Roches Brunes if you live in Flic en Flac or the area, and also a creche "Creche a Petits Pas" in Beau Bassin, from 3 months up to 3 years - both places high standards. I have moved here 7 months ago from Ireland. If you have any questions send me a message.
Take care
Aleks

Hi ine,

When are you opening your school in creve coeur ?? Will you be needing part time workers/nannies/babysitters ? Do let me know xx