Dentist in Shenzhen

I am trying to find out about having dental work done in Shenzhen. My biggest concern is treatment of pain and the absolute terror that dentist install in me. I was thinking of going to Hong Kong because I know a lot of pain medication is banned  in China (I get migraines and the hospital told me only the clinics carry the strong stuff, which turned out to be paracetamol!)  :huh: But I see there are dentists that expats use in Shenzhen that are branches of practices in Hong Kong. Has anybody been to any of the dentists there? I need to have wisdoms extracted. I had a really bad experience with a dentist growing up and would rather let all my teeth fall out than go through that again. I know it will probably be a bit pricey but I'm willing to pay for peace of mind. Going to Hong Kong would be expensive anyway. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'd be much obliged.      :thanks:

If anybody is looking for a dentist I'd like to recommend Dr Morse at Dental Bauhinia in Futian. Lovely clean and professional practice and great dentistry! The practice is English and as professional as any dentistry back home. Affordable too! :)http://www.dentalbauhinia.com/enindex.asp

Shenzhen A.K.J Stomatological Hospirtal is also a good dental hospital

Shenzhen A.K.J Stomatological Hospital has 22 years experience in dental field.
There are clinics in Luohu, Nanshan, Baoan, Futian and Guangzhou.

English-speaking dentists are avaiable

http://www.akjdental.com

I joined this board just to post about Dental Bauhinia at Futian Station, Exit 1.

As the price of cleaning at a public hospital is more affordable and this dentist's basic cleaning fee might be on the higher range in China, consider what you would pay back home and the ease of mind as language barriers are reduced.  Their standards and workmanship were on par with any other Korean dentist I've used.

I recently had a visit with Dr. Morse partner, a Chinese dentist with some English.

Had a root canal which was effortless and a cavity removed. 

They use the latest techniques and tools.  The office is modern and clean, all tools and methods were hygienic.

Though they do not keep the same office throughout the week and visit their Shekou and possible other branches,  Scheduling 3 visits for root canal but scheduling around a major holiday was a bit daunting.

Be sure to get ask as many questions as you can to get the clearest detail.  (Wisdom, pardon the pun) from living in Asia for many years)

I will be sure to inquire about cosmetic dentistry and visit in the future.