Coming to denmark in June

Hi, I am 37  coming to denmark  in June with my husband and 7 year- old daughter , we are looking for an appropriate   city with law  costs of living and good danish  language classes ( preferably intensive)   and  we need help in choosing  city .

Hi brouillard,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new discussion was created as from your post on the Denmark forum.

I invite you to browse through the different discussions which may provide you some useful information.

Do not hesitate to come back on the forum if you have specific questions.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Hi,

I'm Jamee. I'm American, 39 years old, and moved to Denmark in 2008 with my boyfriend (now husband). Are you moving here because of a job you need to be near, or do you have free range in choosing a city?

We chose to live in Sønderborg, close to my husband's family and our jobs with Danfoss. For me, that was a big change from LA, where I had been living for 6 years, but it's a very charming city. Pricing for rentals and houses are also much less than that of the Copenhagen area, which is where many choose to move. If you are looking for a house to buy, this is a good site to use (it's in Danish, so you'll have to translate the pages): boligsiden.dk/

Sønderborg is in southern Denmark (known as Sønderjylland) on the water. sonderborg.dk/english/
It's a nice little town with a shopping street, good grocery stores, a new mall and Danish language courses which are very good called Lære Dansk (Learn Danish). Here is the link: laerdansk.dk/en/soenderborg/  It is also a very family oriented city and would have many good schools for your little girl.

We no longer live in Sønderborg (we bought a house in the country once I became more used to the rural areas of Denmark), as we now have two overly active little boys, aged 4 and 2, who needed a lot of yard space to run and play, and finding something that suited both my modern interior tastes and my husband's country lifestyle was easier outside of the city. :) We still go there often to shop, eat, etc.

If you need any further information about areas of southerrn Denmark, I'd be happy to help. Feel free to contact me any time. :)

All the best of luck with your move!

Kindest regards,
Jamee Lyn Devlin