Living in jamaica

Please help, I've been living here in jamaica for a few years but I'm considering going back to South Africa due to the living ways here. I find it hard to even do simple things like filing or doing some legal paperwork without being asked for ridiculous things.  Someone please tell me how to make my life easier or else ill be buying my one way ticket back to south africa. I must admit its a beautiful island but their system is more annoying than anything else.

Hi cuteness,
Not quite sure how to answer your question since I am not sure what your issue really is - care to elaborate on what 'ridiculous things' you are being asked to do?  Are these things not office-work-related or what?

LisaHR

Hi,

Yes, I'd like to know as well, what ridiculous things means... Is this with regard to a work permit? In any country you are hassled when it comes to work permit and making sure that all documents presented are legal. I can't say much about the process/procedures because as a Jamaican I don't have to go through that, but in other countries they can give you hell. I'm an expat (Jamaican expat) so I hear of stories of people being denied work permits in other countries. I've an expat friend who recently got his Jamaican citizenship, don't think he went through much hassle, he just completed the necessary requirements.

And I agree, Jamaica is a beautiful island :)

All the best with your decision.

Regards,
Samantha

hi i wish you all the best in achieving your legal documents
all you need to do is have some patience and you will get sorted out.jamaica is surely a beautiful island,i must say you are going to be happy when all is well.

moving to jamaica next month still looking for reasonable home to rent in st. james parish, does anyone know of someone I don't need fancy just the basics.

wow, what do you need to get done. Its not that difficult please elaborate