Banking

Banking in Sri Lanka is not difficult but for some country's credit cards are working only for one time and in second time it could be found to be locked by the original bank. Therefore visitors from France (I dont know what are other countries exactly) prior to visit Sri Lanka must get the authority from your French bank to use it in Sri Lanka otherwise you will be in a problem when using ATM machines. In such cases bank will help to involve with card centers to withdraw some money for you on your request (it takes a lot of interest.) In cases of French only speaking visitors must know Sri Lankan bank people speak English only. Hence, if a problem occurs, it will be difficult to discuss with bank and you will go helpless.

Anyway, if you are going to do all of your transaction with credit cards within Sri Lanka, it is advisable to keep some extra euro notes in your pocket.

But there must be some International Banks......like HSBC,Standard Chartered..American Express,City Bank....etc........and if somebody is having accountin this bank can also face the same problem............are these banks exist in Sri Lanka or only national banks are there...........

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

But there must be some International Banks......like HSBC,Standard Chartered..American Express,City Bank....etc........and if somebody is having accountin this bank can also face the same problem............are these banks exist in Sri Lanka or only national banks are there...........

Regards,
Anil

We have all these banks Anil and my French friend tried some of them and it didnt work for him and his some friends have faced the same situation in Sri Lanka and thats why I wanted to warn them. :)

Ok well noted.............

aryavrat wrote:

Ok well noted.............

Thanks when you will come things will be more better

It is always advisable to inform the original bank that issued the credit card before you go overseas... all unusual transactions will be flagged  as suspicious transactions unless the bank already know that you are in that country. This is mainly to protected your card being used by fraudsters ...

These are actually valid concerns when you do think about it. However, I think that if you're looking from an internet banking perspective to make your job conducting transactions in Srilanka or outside easier try looking at Seylan Bank https://www.seylan.lk/. They offer quite a large amount of complete services. I hope that this would help you.