Stavanger area introductions thread

Hi everyone!

There have almost certainly been other introductions threads before, but there's always space for one more.  I've been in Stavanger for two years and on Expat.com for a long time, but never really used the forums before now, and now I see how lively they are!  So I thought this would be a good way to introduce myself and meet others.

I moved here to be with my Norwegian boyfriend.  I was lucky and got a job quite quickly as I learnt Norwegian quickly, so now I've been working with children for two years.  I'm sure it's not as well paid as working in the oil industry but you do learn a lot about Norwegian people (children) and you get to go on strike!  I've also learnt an immeasurable amount of Norwegian at work.

Unfortunately it's extremely tiring, so I've had little energy to try to meet other immigrants in my free time, especially when it s particularly difficult in Norway!  But I very much want to meet people, so please reply and introduce yourself!

Laura

Hi Lau,

good to hear..tat..im hardeep from india and at present in sweden. May be one day i will visit norway in near future c u ..tc

Hi Laura

I really would like to meet some people here at Stavanger as well. I just moved to stavanger to live with my boyfriend that is working here.
I know English, Italian, Persian and a little bit of Norwegian. May be we can meet some day if you like. Just let me know.

Regards;
Parisa

hiii

Hi Laura

I just saw your message and just moved to the area a few weeks ago.  I am from the UK and looking hopefully to make friends in the area.  Would be great to hear from you.