Visit is Florence

VISITING FLORENCE NEXT MONTH!!!

Hey everyone! I'm extremely excited about my first trip to Florence!!!

Advice on what to visit in Florence, during the daytime and night time, would be awesome! A detailed itinerary and map which I could get online probably would be most helpful for me so I won't get lost. My sense of direction is virtually non-existent!   

I have booked tickets for Uffizi and Accademia on May 23 already which won't really take up the whole day. May 24 whole day is free for pure culture and historic exploration. May 25 I'll have the Tuscany (Chianti and Siena) whole day tour and May 26 a whole day hiking trip in Cinque Terre. May 27, I have the whole morning to explore some more.

Cheers! :)

Angela

Hi Angela,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new discussion was created as from your post on the Florence forum for better visibility and interaction.

Will you be going to Florence alone or with your family?

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa

Thank you, Hasnaa! :) Hope to get a bit of advice here soon for an idiot in sense of direction like me haha!

Order up a good guide book.  The "Time Out" Florence series is excellent and available on Amazon.  When you get here, go to the tourist information office on via Cavour (in the center off the Piazza del Duomo) and get the large city map (available in English).  It's the best map around and it's free!  Enjoy!

Hi Hasnaa and Jackster,

Thank you for the awesome help!

Hasnaa, I will be traveling alone and will be living 30mins. walk to the center. My camera will be very busy clicking away soon hehe.

Jackster, the day after I arrive, I'll definitely buy the map at the Via Cavour  - Piazza del Duomo as my sense of direction is practically worthless. Will check out a guide book if I'm not satisfied with the online info I get.

I'm really so excited I'm dreaming of the upcoming trip day and night haha! :)

Have a lovely evening!

Angela

When I visited Florence last, I wanted to do something a little different than previous trips so I rented a scooter and headed out to find a beautiful park.  Take Via Bolognese (road No. 65) out of Florence. This is the ancient road between Florence and Bologna along which many villas, castles and ‘spedali' (hostels) for pilgrims and wayfarers were built. After driving past the villages of Pian di San Bartolo and Montorsoli and skirting the wonderful historic Park of Villa Demidoff, you finally reach Pratolino.
For further information:
Parco Mediceo di Pratolino Villa Demidoff
Loc. Pratolino - Vaglia
Tel. +39 055 409427; +39 055 409155
Fax +39 055 409272

Opening hours:
Up to 30 september - friday, saturday and sunday: 10.00-19.30
From 1 to 31 october - sunday: 10.00-18.00

LA Italiano, thank you so much! I looked up the pictures of Villa Demidoff and it's gorgeous! I'll try to find the time and means to go there. I don't drive a bike and car but will find the means to get there, if I have the time.

Cheers! :)