Moving to Portugal soon!

Hi there!
I'm an italian expat and I have been living in the Middle East for the past couple of years. My job is now taking me to Portugal and more in particular in Cascais. So.... I am looking for useful information on all the aspects of daily life... starting with a place to live of course! Does anyone know of a website where to look for apartments in Cascais or neighbouring towns?
All additional information are more than welcome! I am just so excited!

Thank you in advance!

Hi Federico,

I come and go between Cascais and London - ideal mix!
What sort of flat are you looking for? I can put you in touch with some friends who are living there and would be of help.
I prefer Estoril to live in, which is next to Cascais is charming and do try to find a place with sea views.
Best,
Federica

Why don't you search for real estate agencies websites...

there are hundreds of them in the district of Lisbon...

Google for remax, era, preditur, futurama, centum, socosege... -  nevermind the free pub, sorry for that... :(

Hey guys!
thanks for your help!
Well I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. Doesn't really matter the view as far as the apartment is nice and could make me feel like home after two years spent in a very "diverse" environment! How about the cost of rent around there? How much should i expect to pay for a place like that?
Federica thank you very much for your offer! It would be nice to be put in contact with someone who is already there and can maybe lend a hand in the search!

imovirtual.pt has an easy to navigate site with lots of options but you do need some Portuguese to navigate it. I rented a vacation accommodation for 6 months while searching for somewhere to live. I negotiated the price to 650 Euros per month, furnished with gas and electra paid, for a 2 bedroom apartment in an area about 45 minutes from Lisbon. I had arranged the same thing for 750 Euros in Cascais but they would not accept a pet. Both had advertised with prices triple what I negotiated.

The remax website is one of the largest in Portugal and you can search it easily with Italian language: remax.pt/Default.aspx?Lang=it-IT&PreviousLang=en-US

You will LOVE it!  - olx.pt is a great web site looking for rentals anywhere in Portugal.  I've found 2 great apartments through it.  It's very easy to use.

The Cascais / Estoril areas are great places to live. As an expat, if you have not been resident in Portugal before, you are entitled to make use of the tax incentives geared to new immigrants.

Hi all,
Can some one please suggest me a place where I can get a cheap house to rent with my two dogs?  What kind of rent am I looking at.  I have to live in the country for around 6+ months so will need a good decent cheap place...sorry too many expectations I know.  :)

You need to look into the benefits of the Non Habitual Residency Scheme, as you a new resident to Portugal