Student moving to bordeaux

Hello,
I am in my mid 20s and moving to bordeaux for a year to learn french at the university and possibly teach as I have my Canadian qualifications.  I am wondering if anyone has some advise or know any reputable websites for finding a place to live?  I not that picky just a regular apartment in a good area.

Thank you,

Winny

try pap.fr, rentals without going through an agency, which saves you $$$

Thanks for the suggestion Dabro3d

Hi and welcome to Expat.com!
Did you have a look at our Bordeaux Classifieds -> Accomodation section?
Cheers
Arlette

Hello, just recently moved to Bordeaux too. Check out the campus de bissy website. Nothing but studio self-contained flats though. It is in merignac and about 20 minutes from center of Bordeaux. Good luck.

Hi,

I too am coming to Bordeaux Uni in a month's time and wondered if you had, as yet, found anywhere to live? Please get in touch as it would be nice to talk to you.

Holly.

If you are not settled already: pap.fr is good as suggested, other websites are
1. appartager.com- looking for a roommate or a house share. pay for the premium membership so you are able to get the phone numbers of the contacts and text or call right away. This is also beneficial if you are a sending a message on their webpage to someone, they are only able to read if they have a premium membership or have been sent a msg by someone with a premium membership.
2. seloger.com- deals more with agencies and can cost a bit more but normally has good listings
3. loboncoin.com- the most helpful to me-offers rentals through agencies or you can limit the search to properties available from individuals only by clicking the "Particulier" tab. If you mention looking for a coloc (roommate) or house share the link sends you to appartager.com
4. the CIJA office also has a bulletin board with advertisements and apartments available.
       5 Rue Duffour-Dubergier
       33000 Bordeaux
       05 56 56 00 56

Student areas are near Place de la Victoire- just be careful at night between Victoire and the Train Station (Gare St Jean) as it can be a bit sketchy for a young student. Other good areas are Gambetta, Jardin Public, Tourny, and anyplace in the pedestrian area around Rue St. Catherine.
Good Luck!!

Hello
I am so pleased I have come across your ad. I have a two bed place in Bordeaux centre, just 375 euros a month.

I am looking for someone to share with from January time..when are you hoping to move?

Email me at [email protected]

Hope this helps :)