Egyptian married to a Thai woman is great

I am Egyptian man married a great Thai woman. The marriage took place in Egypt since 10 months. Has been documenting the marriage contract in the Egyptian Foreign Ministry and the Embassy of Thailand in Egypt. I will be in Thailand in 05.05.2014. I want to know what are the residence procedure for me. Should we get married again in Thailand or not?? I have tourist visa for 3 months only and I want to live with my wife all my life, employee in Thailand Embassy in Cairo told me that i should go to the Thai consulate to respond to my inquiry., thx for help.
Regards., khaled nour

If you are married to a Thai citizen and have already obtained the legal marriage certificate from The Embassy of Thailand in Cairo, then you should be asking for a Non-Immigrant class "O" visa based on your marriage with a Thai citizen, this type of visa is extendable on year to year basis, (certain conditions apply).
If you have registered your marriage in Thai Embassy in Cairo and have obtained the original marriage certificate called "THABIAN SOMROT" in Thai language , then there is no need to re-marry here in Thailand.

thx you very much for the wonderful help. But the marriage certificate in English!! Not Thai? But by documentation from the Embassy of Thailand in Egypt . Can I translate it in Thailand and the end of those proceedings there?? I hold (2) document (Arabic, English) full documentation Egyptian foreign ministry and Thailand Embassy with big thia stamp on documents. embassy tell me i cant have 1 year for visa,  and now all i have just 3 month visa but i hope i can renew there at thailand immigration.,   thx so much dear :)

If all of your marriage documents are complete, then it is correct the Thai Embassy can issue you a Non-Immigrant type "O" visa which will be valid for 3 months and further extendable here in Thailand Immigration on yearly basis, but there are some rules and conditions if you want to extend it e.g: you should have a sum of 400,000 Thai bhats in your account for at least 2 months prior the application of extension, or earn-fully employed with at least 40000 Thai bhats income/month. there are various threads on Thai immigration web site, you should browse through before traveling to Bangkok.

SO now i need ur opinion dear., i can come and update my tourist visa to be one year at Thailand Immigration or NO, OR. i need to make new visa type "O" here in thai embassy at egypt ? OMG how i can live beside an with my wife  :(
Oh my dear its meaning anyone should to be rich before think marry thai woman  :/:D  thx

If you come to Thailand on a Non O visa, it is little "easy" to change it to a 1 year Extension on Married.
The requirement for that you can look up on Thailand Immigration webpage.
But one of them is 40.000 baht income before tax pr month, Or 400.000 baht in a bank account in you name only.

Let be fair, to live here in Thailand 40.000 / 400.000 is "small" money.

Try to make a budget and you find out.

Rent, power, water, food, internet, tv in you language / English, cloth, hospital, dentist, health and accident insurance.
Maybe you need to support you wife family every Monty all so.
Maybe you have kids, going to get kids, cloth, food for them, money for them, school, private lesson as the school system here is very bad.
And i am sure i forget a lot of things.

But as one can see, 40.000 baht before tax pr month is not that much after all.

I like to say, that my wife and i live close to Bangkok and our budget is around 40.000 baht pr month.
In May this year i go from Ed-Extension to Married-Extension, so my yearly budget is  go to drop 31.100 baht pr year (As Married Extension cost 1.900 baht or it be 33.000 baht pr year)  School fee 1 year and 4 X 1.900 baht at Immigration for one year on ED = 33.000 baht.

So we going to safe 2591 baht pr month in the future.

So NO you donŽt need to be rich before marrying a Thai.

I hope you both the best for you future.

Kindly.

koko expat wrote:

SO now i need ur opinion dear., i can come and update my tourist visa to be one year at Thailand Immigration or NO, OR. i need to make new visa type "O" here in thai embassy at egypt ? OMG how i can live beside an with my wife  :(
Oh my dear its meaning anyone should to be rich before think marry thai woman  :/:D  thx

If you have all the right marriage papers, then the Thai Embassy should have issued you a Non-immigrant "O" visa which is easier to apply for an extension. If you are going to travel on a tourist visa, then you will get a 2 months permission to visit at the entry point in Thailand, after that either you have to do a visa run to the neighboring countries or convert your tourist visa to Non-imm, at the immigration (and there is fee).

Here is the link to download-able templates and visa procedures of Royal Thai Immigration, browse through it

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en … e=download

I think you are not objective and cannot compare situation with this Egyptian guy..sorry but 40 000 THB is almost 1000 euros...and its quite a lot of money.Minimum requirement for some EU contries is 265 Euros per mouth if you want to live with your partner in EU...so 40 000 THB is a loot...plus he is from Egypt not comparable with your situation in Denmark.

Well stevandr, i disagreed.

If one (no matter what country they come from) want to move to a new country like Thailand, and set up a live with wife, maybe kids, wife family, to stay here with insurance and live "okay", then yes i think 40k is small money for Thailand.

I do know 40k is a lot for many people, all so people from my own home country as well, our old pensioner people have hard time stay over the 40k, And i read the other day about a UK pensioner only get 15k, so yes i know....

I am not talking about how much money one have or not have, but what one need to live here.
It is easy mate, if one donŽt have money / work that pay good money or other option for them to come here and live and be safe, Then donŽt move here, it is pretty simple.

Was i was single,  25k pr month was what i use, and it be easy to safe 5000 more on the rent if i want to. So i know it can be done for few baht. but that 25k was without insurance, but i have money in the bank as buffer.
It is all ways good to have a buffer in the bank for rain days, we all know they come when we donŽt expect it to come.

All so, look at the requirement to stay here long time 40k / 65k for the 2 well know way to stay here long time.
The number are many years old, I do think that the numbers be a lot higher if Thailand one day make them up2date,

Remember that the Baht jump on and down in rate, so best to have a good buffer size for rain days.

I do think that people come here and have small money / money are gambling with there life, and if move here with wife, maybe kids, the cost can be to high.
But we all different people and we all do it our way, i learn to do it my way, to play it safer and have money in the bank if rain days.

Kindly.

Thailand is really cheap contry and you dont need a lot money.
House  for familly: from 4500THB to 10000THB
Life insurance and health insurance 2400THB per mount
Food from 3000THB to 10 000 THB per mount depening on your apetite
Social life: ticket in cinema 190 THB, Theather : (dont know ) Cabare: free Live music free (but you need to order something) Beer Chiang from 70 THB to 120 THB ,
to go out in expencive restorant with drinks and main course,desert and starter price are from 6500 to 1200 thb to go in really  expencive restorant.

Let see.

5.000 - 10.000 for house
3.000 - 10.000 for food
2400 for insurance
1.500 - 5.000 for power
200 - 500 for water.
1.500 for tv, internet and so on

That total: 13.600 to 27.000 (with out the insurance part). or it be 29.400, but i am sure for a real good insurance it be a lot higher then this, never got a offer from any company here that cover for that kind of money.

This number is without fun, cloth, trip around Thailand, money for ticket back to visit home country, money to safe up for buffer, for kids future, school, university, private lesson.
I am not even going into to price for a good school pr year, and university pr year, that break the budget in a heath bit.
If the Thai wife is like many Thai women, she like a house in the future all so, so that 10% of the house price to safe up, and XX year to pay the rest.
Do they need a car, up to where they going to live in Thailand, insurance on car, scooter and so on.

If here on married extension 1900 for the visa extension pr year, if married extension mean 2 trip to Immigration for the Visa Extension part, 4 time for addressee rapport, 1 can be lucky to fit in with one of the married.
Trip pr year to Immigration, well some have very long way to go for this, up to where one live, so price pr year, i donŽt know.

Wife family "might" need help every month, might not need help.
They might be kids from before, that need them to send money every month for living, school and so on.
We donŽt know.

Again i can only say, if want to be here long time on let say Married Extension one NEED to have 40k pr month.

In every day by day, a Thai wife can work and help, but what she make from working donŽt help the man when come to requirement for Extension.

And let be fair, one can get a job here as Teacher with no paper and make 30.000 - 40.000 pr month, well that what i be offer more then once in my time here.

Again simple this is, can you meet the requirement, no problem, if not stay home.
Worst thing to do, come here and donŽt have enough money if one get sick or have a accident, you not going to get treatment at the hospital if you donŽt have the money for it.

A tip for the insurance part, be sure to read and understand the rules, a lot of them pay after you back from the hospital and therefor you have to pay your self first, so again, if you canŽt do that part, you donŽt get treatment there.

skyaslimit, Never done that, StevanDr, thx so much for ur help and supported words , maybe i was confused a little bit :) but unlucky I do not have the time make the new visa (o). so i will travel by tourism visa and there is in Thailand I will renew it, or this is what I understood until now.. but In any case i will take this risk and go to my wife ( she is my life) because I can not live without her and want to be beside her always. i do my best to found work there and i hope allah help me in this, cause i will live with my wife, no matter what happens :)

StevanDr ;) i totally agree with u its great  people and country, maybe its cheap in living, but very high price by beautiful people and souls there, SO why i married from there ;) thxxx

AND so much special thanks for this wonderful useful Expat.com., with all my best blessing wishes more success for all :)
waiting for any other advice and help from anyone, to advice OR help me to stay in Thailand with my wife...
many blessing of love & peace :)

you pay 1500 for power??? where you live?

Hey stevandr.

I live in Nonthaburi, this is the hot season so that why it is little "higher" this time.

I got my power bill  today 1413 baht for power. For 330 unite of power = 4.28 pr unite that the normal price here and in Bangkok.
I know price Might go up during this year, see that on tv a few times, to +5 pr unite.

We cook on power every day, hot water for shower, wash our cloth in washing machine many time pr week and so on.

When i was alone it was around 750 baht pr month.

I know many people here pay power and water to landlord and not direct to the company pay up to 10 baht pr unite power (all so more for water). And they use more unite then us, so they have high power bill.
Landlord do this as "scam" in my opinion.

Water is free here i live, so i don't have the that 180-200 baht pr month we pay before move here.
That price for water 180-200 before and free now, Have clean drinking water, as i all ways buy filter and use on the kitchen sink. So no buy water, towing the bottle home :-)

wow, you pay quite a lot.
thanks for sharing your story!

and now anyone can help me to found work at thailand lool :D i will pay for power and water cause my wife have salary., and am Arabic man and speak English well good All kind of  computer, reading in various branches, All types of individual and collective sports, traveling, trips, music of all kinds, public relations and social development. I learn quickly and professional in the operating computer, driving, sports, public relations and fashion show., thanks if can help me to share with my wife cost of life :) i will pay one month of water for who will help me lool enjoy ur life before ur life be memory., blessing all

Stevandr Try searching "cost of living in Thailand" and see what you come up with and see what normal"
This is from the first one pop up for me

Electric power without an Air con   
800,- to 1000,- Baht

Electric power with Air con   
1200,- to 1500,- Baht

If you pay less fine, no problem, but saying i pay quite a lot is  wrong, i know no other pay so small as we do beside a few Thai+Thai couples, and even 75% of the Thai+Thai couples we know pay more then us.
Wife parents pay 4300 baht this month and they pay to same power company as us.

But never mind it, hope that koko get some info to use, No point to keep on when you dead wrong about this.

Have a nice day.
Kindly.

Hey koko.

Not know if you see this, but this site have a list of "List of Prohibited Jobs for westerners in Thailand"
There you can see what job you can / canŽt work with here in Thailand.

List of Prohibited jobs

Only to help you out.

Kindly.

koko expat wrote:

I am Egyptian man married to a woman of great Thai. The marriage took place in Egypt since 10 months. Has been documenting the marriage contract in the Egyptian Foreign Ministry and the Embassy of Thailand in Egypt. I will be in Thailand in 05.05.2014. I want to know what are the residence procedure for me. Should we get married again in Thailand or not?? I am pregnant tourist visa for 3 months only and I want to live with my wife all my life, employee in Thailand Embassy in Cairo told me that i should go to the Thai consulate to respond to my inquiry., thx for help.
Regards., khaled nour

If I understand you correctly you are married to a Thai citizen, currently living in Eygpt. You don't mention your age but I assume from your subsequent comments that you are under reirement age.

You also say you are pregnant(with child) but I assume this is a typo and you mean "presently" you have a toiurist visa for Thailand. You wish to come here with your Thai wife and live together and possibly work. You don't mention any other income so I assume you will need to work to live here.

If you are under 50 yrs old, then your visa options are VERY limited. True you can turn up on a tourist visa(which has limited life and renewal options) but the real option for you should be an O visa based on your marriage to a Thai citizen. However to extend your stay here YOU(not your wife)will need an income amounting to 400,000 Baht a year. Again reading between the lines I suspect this is not currently available hence the enquiry about work.

You can work(get work permit) on a marriage extension, BUT you still need to have the income stream to get the extension in the first place.

From a purely practical aspect I would suggest you would find it hard to live here on less than 25,000 Baht a month. Of course many Thai families do, but their life style is somewhat different to what you may be used too.

Life here is also very different from a cultural perspective too, Thailand being a predominently Buddhist country.

Good luck.

dear thetefldon thx so much for ur opinion and ur replay :) , but now i cant make new visa (o) and i just have tourist visa  for 3 month, SO i want ask if its easy and I CAN renewal this kind of visa, or i should to back to enbassy and do new (O visa) IN THIS case i will cancel my tourist visa and do new one ( more time and more money ) ?? thai people at embassy here tell me WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING and i should to back to ask immigration there at tha i:) SURE SO FUNNY :( ...
1- i dont know if i understand right or no ( if i do O visa its will be better and more easy to renewal ) OR its enough tourist visa and when i be there i can renewal for (O) by marry paper  AND, ( if i can have contract work and its will be more easy to have new visa!! ????????))??
2-  IF i can have contract work there at thailand., this will help me to have new kind of visa with longer time there ?? regard, KHALED NOUR

Never done that., many thx for ur opinion and ur explained for situation there :) i really appreciate all ur words and time, but now wish if i can renewal my tourist visa much i can, even i can found good company or contract work to change my visa for longer time., thx u so much and wish u and all ur family have all blessing and success life with many lucky., greeting, khaled nour :)

Maybe they are litlle confusing. Let me explane simple.

You come with tourit visa and find a work and to go imigration office to change ( you get DEPORTED) you need to return back in Egypt or Laos ( neigboring coutry to do so) to get work permit visa.

If you come with tourist visa and you want to change it in type O visa, you need to go to Laos in embassy of Thailand to do that. Not possible to change directly at  Imigrational office.

If you come with  O visa ( marrige visa) then its only possible to change it at Immigrational office at place you live.

I hope you understand now?

dr. stevan., yeah i understand now, thx so so much for ur advice and help :) and forgive me if i will be on contact with u and all my friends here when i travel thailand., accept all my honest respect and much of blessing love for u and all member here thxx

You are already married for 10 months and still don't know how to get  a proper visa to stay in Thailand?

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

Willhelm Tell., yes my dear i cant not cause i dont know about this kind of visa, and cause people in thai. embassy at egypt received all the required paper, including the marriage certificate., BUT no one tell me that i can have O visa for one year :( and make  tourist visa for 3 month., but i will back next week to embassy and do my best to make (O visa 1 year) cause i think its better for me when i need to renew it at thailand., SO what ur advice to me dear ?? :) greeting KHALED NOUR

You better study about this visa subjects in the Internet before you go to the Thai Embassy. In the Internet you will find everything about the papers you have to submit to the embassy. Once you are in Thailand, I can help you.

yes, and next week i will go embassy to finish this visa Non-immigrant (multiple entry/3 months - 1 Year)   but i dont know what is this mean (multiple entry/3 months - 1 Year) !! anyway i will do if i can, and thx so much to offer ur help i appreciating that so much dear Willhelm Tell. kindly will keep in touch with u :)

koko expat wrote:

Definitely so but not because of visa regulations... :lol:

I hope that you got your visa and we can welcome you in Thailand, land of smile

:lol:

Gaudente i know its not for visa  :lol: BUT as u see i need to 40.000 b OR have 400000 b in bank. to live beside my wife SO what this meaning and how men can marry there :) , at first of all let me tell u something. am poor BUT am very rich by love for my great wife in this amazing country, and if i will pay my life to be beside her i will without any hesitation :) thailand not only amazing smiling lovely country to me BUT my heart and soul there and i want my life back to me, u know dear in my great blessing country egypt also marry very expensive., but when our hearts and souls CHOICE someone., dont ask about how much and we will never can control in our fate to select who we will love or no., or change something in yesterday or tomorrow anyway cause ( only god know and can ) SO i do all my best to be beside my choice with trusted in my fate., and am sure life will be more easy and happiness with respect, unconditional honest love., all my respect with all unconditional love to thailand as a country and all smiling respected lovely people there., thx., regards KHALED NOUR.,

my dear Willhelm Tell :)  i already have tourist visa as u know., and maybe i haven't time to make new one., or to be honest its hard for me now, so what i will pay here at thai embassy i can pay there in thailand when be there to renew my visa, its will be more easy to me., so its really will be big honer to me to have u as a dear friend and brother there in thailand., and many thx for ur support and give me more of hope to make me feel i can have who can really help., accept all my respect and much of unconditional love with all peace and blessing dear :) ., regards., khaled nour.

Your love is overhelming. It really touches me

Excuse me for asking you this.
What is your wife religion? Thank you.

Stevan

Who cares about the wife religion

its ok dear Stevan :)  Oh its long story before more 4 years ;) anyway.., at first let me say that i believe we don't choose come to our life but its our fate, and don't choose our names, our family, our homelands , OR our religions. SO i believe that all religions calling for love, peace to be true humans with our heart and soul as we were born., am a muslim from muslim country (egypt) but cause our heart cant control in love, i have my great wife now :) she is was be buddhism before our marry., and cause she is really great and true pure heart and soul, she like to come to be muslim woman then i travel to thailand and married there from 1 year same next month., OUR feelings., haven't religion my dear.,
greeting., KHALED NOUR

You force your wife to be moslem. Shame

my dear friend Willhelm Tell., yes its my love ;)  but excuse me to say that sometimes religions make us ask as in my case for example, cause in islam man can marry only 2 religion ( Christianity and Judaism ) cause this only religion have a BOOK as islam have a Quran., but muslim woman cant marry only from muslim man.. its rules of Islam :)
many blessing of unconditional love & peace dear., thx
greetings., khaled nour :)