Lots of questions to ask

I am really planning to be in that country by June 2014, my papers are still on process, i am from Nigeria. I am coming with a 6 months visa. Please i just want to know everything about that country because coming, their behavior, how they welcome and accommodate visitors like Africans?

I will also know the cost of living over there? And how i can renew my visa after it expires?

Can someone be allow to work in a factory with tourist visa? Or student visa? What is the cost of renting a house? like 2 bedroom apartment? Is it easy to make friends there?

Hello ify2014,

I created a new thread with your posts with your questions on the Turkey forum, it may help you to receive more specific responses from the members.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

You cannot work in Turkey without a work visa. It is easy to renew a visa. The apartment will vary depending on what city you are living in. For example Istanbul will be a lot more expensive then Trabzon. Unless you speak Turkish, it will be a little difficult to make friends since most Turks dont speak English and those that know English dont use it.

Most foreigners find their own country or ethnic community to make friends with. I work in Ankara and have a lot of African students. They have told me a few of their stories of Turks being rude or offending them. This is mostly because most Turkish people dont have any knowledge about Africa. For example, one Turkish guy was trying to secretly take a picture of my student and another told him not to be afraid of cars. He was assuming my student has never seen a car before. You will probably run into this type of ignorance. ALL foreigners expirience something like this in EVERY country. Just dont be surprised by it.