Ubud Restaurants and food?

HI All

Will be our first time in Ubud soon and we have a new villa booked, but where are the recommended places to eat?
especially as my wife and I like hot spicy food and eat mostly vegetarian dishes..
so any ideas ?
many thanks
Ps we are apparently 10mins from Ubud main street.

regards

In Ubud, there are tons and tons of great restaurants featuring authentic Indonesian food from all over the archipelago, and not just Bali.

Seriously, listing them would take hours as there are so many.

Just as good and at a fraction of the cost are the many street side warungs run by locals, (both Balinese locals and other Indonesian locals).  If you look in during busy meal times and see a lot of Indonesians there, then that's your clue. 

Spicy, or hot (pedas) is the norm here, so have no worries about that.

Because of over the over saturation in the restaurant business here in Ubud, turnover is very high, so the challenge is more in finding a bad place to eat as opposed to a great place to eat.

Do some internet searching and read current reviews as a starter, but keep in mind, it's always the spontaneous and unplanned things about Bali that always remain the most cherished memories.

Got to agree here that Ubud is absolutely packed solid with restaurants offering decent food. They are literally everywhere.

When i lived in Ubud, my favorite warung was The Melting Wok & The Pond. Great food & great service. For great coffee, try Asian Prophecy (In jalan Pengosekan, across the petrol station)

Enjoy Ubud, there is a lot to see, really enjoyable place.