Want to go to malta for a year

Hi so iam from lovely africa bit have met friend here in Scotland from Malta and they want me income and work for a year how is that possible have you any info for me would appreciate it so much I go back home in June and want to go to malta for a year any advice for a hound south african pleeaase thanks

Hi Damian,

welcome to the forum.

It should be very easy in your case. From your profile I saw that you are working as a chef in Scotland. So if you got a work permit there you should get a work permit ias chef n Malta too.

Your friend should  set up a work contract with conditions that satisfy the Immigration Department and apply for a work permit as a chef for you. Work permits for non-EU citizens are issued for as long as the contract states but up to a maximum of 1 year. If your friend runs a restaurant he/she will know the procedure.

Check out previous post and comments .

Cheers
Ricky

Hi damian21,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you posted on an old thread, a new discussion was created using your post on the Malta forum for better interaction and visibility.

Do not hesitate to browse through the different discussions on the forum which might provide you with some useful information.

Thank you,

Hasnaa