Few days back we went to the so talked about Edge of the world in Riyadh! For us it was a very bumpy ride as we were not having any proper routes information and had to figure out most of it by ourselves but in the end it was all worth it. Once you reach the actual place; the view is amazing! ( http://i60.tinypic.com/dtqhf.jpg )
Anyways, below is the step by step guide in order to reach the place:
• Starting from North Ring road heading west (From Exit 8 towards Exit 1), turn right from Exit 1. You will be on Salbukh Road.
• On Salbukh road after travelling about 25 Km, you will see Exit for Sadous/Jubailah, take this exit and turn Left.
• On this road set coordinates for off-road starting point (Coordinates below) and keep following directions for Uyanya and after about 30 km, take left and start off-roading. Off road trip is about 30KM!
It is very important that you take the precise Off Road starting point, you will see a track and just keep following it.
1. Off-Roading start Point: 24.961 / 46.2208
2. Point A: 24.9538 / 46.2105
3. Point B: 24.9495 / 46.446
4. Point C: 24.9584 / 46.1384
5. Point D: 24.9631 / 46.1201
6. Point E: 24.9608 / 46.098
7. Point F: 24.9572 / 46.0531
8. Point G: 24.9500 / 45.9963
9. EOTW: 24.9495 / 45.9957
Once you reach point G, it is very difficult for car to continue. So you will have to hike the last 200m to reach the end point!
Some miscellaneous points:
1- For sure you will be needing 4X4 vehicle
2- Trip to be done in day light. You don't want to get lost their in the dark trust me.
3- In some areas inside there will be no cell phone coverage.
Good Luck and Enjoy