Live with girlfreind in malaysia?

Dear all,

I would like to know if I can rent an apartment or a hotel room during my stay in malaysia. We are both not Malay. She is European and I am middle eastern.

I heard rumours about religious police and khalwat asking for marriage certificates.
Is that true?

Thanks

Beirut2014 wrote:

Dear all,

I would like to know if I can rent an apartment or a hotel room during my stay in malaysia. We are both not Malay. She is European and I am middle eastern.

I heard rumours about religious police and khalwat asking for marriage certificates.
Is that true?

Thanks

Yes. You are at risk if they know you are Muslim. Less likely with foreign males, but the religious Polis have power over all Muslims.

Yes, you can rent in the same hotel or apartment but in different hotel room or separate unit in the apartment. reason, the girl is not your wife / you are not her mahram.  Unless you are not afraid of Allah Al-Mighty.

But would they knock doors of 4 and 5 stars hotels and ask for certificates and we are both foreigners?

Beirut2014 wrote:

But would they knock doors of 4 and 5 stars hotels and ask for certificates and we are both foreigners?

Why not?
These are religious police, not run of the mill coppers.
As was said, the religious police have power over ALL Muslims but non over people of other religions.

This suggests a better quality hotel.

http://www.punknews.org/article/45732/w … n-malaysia

hi, I would like to know what will be approx cost of living for 4 in Klang or KL based on current expenses.
just an approx idea will help get the picture.

Don't worry about that, it's possible but not probable. Unless you are planning to stay in the northern parts of Malaysia? In Kuala Lumpur no worries.