Close

Do Indian Nationals allowed to file residency application in Paraguay?

Hi all,

I am an Indian and I want to move Paraguay.

I read many topics upon moving, contacting lawyers like Jeronimo et. etc.

Please help because when I downloaded application form from Paraguayan embassy website in INDIA it is clearly mentioned that I will only get tourist visa if I accept that  I will not apply for residence, permanent or otherwise, or citizenship, in the Republic of Paraguay.

Devinder

Hello

I am also trying to migrate.Have you started your application?

not yet.

Hey,

This may be helpful.

http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=87387

But pls do share your current findings for Paraguay residency.

Thanks,

Devinder,
The section of the application you refer to is either a misprint or a mistake on the form as many people (including myself) wondered the same thing you do.  It's not a trick nor do they pay any attention to it at Immigration.   I guess if anyone ever asked you about it  you could always say you never had the intention of applying for residency when you got your tourist visa but you fell so madly in love with Paraguay on your first visit your plans changed.   But if your going to work with an attorney,  Jeronimo is just one of the many who do this business, they will explain this to you.

The important thing to do is to get all your Indian paperwork together (birth certificate, marriage certificate, government background check and all the rest) and get them legalized by the Paraguayan consulate nearest you.   If your going to work with a lawyer or any kind of less formal "helper" than contact them before you show up in Paraguay because requirements do change quicker than the websites the Embassy's maintain can change.

Good luck!

@majbjb
nice idea, but this wont work on this way..  :(
apply for permanent residency must be done in this steps..i call embassy in Austria, than embassy in Italy (both close to my country) and ask how to apply for permanent residency..
answer:
1. Acquire some documents in your home country.
2, Have the documents legalized at a Paraguayan consulate.
3. Acquire a visa to visit Paraguay.
4. Acquire funds for a bank deposit and to pay fees.
5. Get in touch with a fixer or immigration attorney.
6. Travel to Asunción to complete the application process.

Hi Devinder,

Please drop me your contact number so that i can discuss about this Paraguay residency. I am from Bangalore.

Regards
janardhan K

Hi Mr. Janadhan , how are you ?
I am raj from Hyderabad interested to move to paraguay.
I want to know how to get "Permanent residence" for me & my wife.

Can you suggest me how to go about ?

Please reply.

Regards,
Raj

Current list of countries not acceptable for permanent residence.  Photo from migraciones CDE office.
i58.tinypic.com/2z4idsg.jpg

Hi I am also from UAE , have you started the process?

Can someone shed light on the "Restricted nationals list " ???

Which countries are on the list ?

The restricted nationals list as follows.

Citiizens of ; Lebanon, Africa , Middle East, India, Pakistan, China.

Dear Dev,
I am Indian national currently living in UK permanently. I called Paraguay embassy in London today. I asked her that if Paraguay has a list of restricted countries whose national can not apply for PR in Paraguay. She did not say any thing about restricted countries. All she said that the applicant need to apply for tourist visa. Then go to Paraguay with all required documents. Also she said that you to get in touch with immigration lawyer in Paraguay. So far the information I received from Immigration lawyers they said that's fine to apply for PR for Indian Nationals. So here is the information I know so far. Will try calling Paraguay embassy in India as well. Keep you update

Hi,

Do you have a link to web site or information page from where you got this info?

stumpy :

Hi,

Do you have a link to web site or information page from where you got this info?

sekhondev :

Hi all,

I am an Indian and I want to move Paraguay.

I read many topics upon moving, contacting lawyers like Jeronimo et. etc.

Please help because when I downloaded application form from Paraguayan embassy website in INDIA it is clearly mentioned that I will only get tourist visa if I accept that  I will not apply for residence, permanent or otherwise, or citizenship, in the Republic of Paraguay.

Devinder

Dear Dev,
I am Indian national currently living in UK permanently. I called Paraguay embassy in London today. I asked her that if Paraguay has a list of restricted countries whose national can not apply for PR in Paraguay. She did not say any thing about restricted countries. All she said that the applicant need to apply for tourist visa. Then go to Paraguay with all required documents. Also she said that you to get in touch with immigration lawyer in Paraguay. So far the information I received from Immigration lawyers they said that's fine to apply for PR for Indian Nationals. So here is the information I know so far. Will try calling Paraguay embassy in India as well. Keep you update

rdj3943 :

Current list of countries not acceptable for permanent residence.  Photo from migraciones CDE office.
i58.tinypic.com/2z4idsg.jpg

Hi,
Do you have a link to website where this photo is located? Any body can Print a list and post it and claim the same. No offence just trying to solve the mystery here.

Permanent residency in ALL Latin-American nations is extremely difficult to obtain, especially if you yourself are a citizen of a developing nation.

First of all permanency is generally granted to those who meet one of the following conditions:

a) Have married a citizen of permanent resident
b) Have a long-term stable relationship with a citizen or permanent resident
c) Have a child born in that country
d) Have immediate family members who are citizens or permanent residents
e) Are retired individuals who meet certain financial requirements
f) Investors willing to invest a specific amount in order to start up a business or invest in existing business

From my own personal experience of 13 years in Brazil, I can tell you that here it is about 10 - 20 times more difficult for citizens of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and many African nations to obtain any category of visa. In most cases they are not even considered for permanency under any circumstances other than marriage or birth of a Brazilian child. Most other South American countries are exactly the same.

Work Visas for South American countries are almost impossible for foreign nationals to obtain as most South American countries have strict laws that require employers to prove they cannot find a citizen to fill a job vacancy before they are able to hire an expat to fill it. Even when they can hire a foreign national MERCOSUR countries also must give preference to citizens of other MERCOSUR countries in hiring.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

placuszek85 :
stumpy :

Hi,

Google

no issue, you need to go to paraguay first by visit visa , then you can apply , i got it 6 month back , I'm from Syria .

Whats the latest on getting paraguay passport... I received this lately how far is it True dont wana get into a scam .

Please someone advise me how to go about it .

Dear Customer

Thank you for your mail and interest in the Paraguay Passport&Citizenship
Program which is listed on our web page:

http://diplomaticsecondpassport.com/par … sport.html

The visa free
opportunities for traveling with the Paraguay passport are excellent as
listed below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requi … n_citizens

The processing time required to
complete the residency and naturalization (rush procedure by court order from
an immigration judge) is 30 days.
Included with the order are:

- naturalization certificate
- national ID card (cedula)
- passport

Total order cost is $3,900 and a $1,900
advance is required with the remaining balance due upon order completion(30
days).We are the only company in the world
who physically delivers the documents before the remaining $2,000 balance is
paid and the client can inspect,verify the documents for
3 business days before making the final payment
Family members are processed for a fee of
$500/each as part of the family package.
Most payment methods are accepted
( bank wire transfer,western union,and in
some cases credit cards).
Please let us know if you prefer processing from your current location or are
able to travel to the Paraguay capital Asuncion for local processing.If
processed locally the client can exit the country
with the Paraguay passport,or if processed from the current location delivery
will be arranged upon completion through the Paraguay Embassy/Consulate
closest to the client.

Sincerely

Roberto Carvalho

Filho & Carvalho Immigration Consultants

Gompertstraat 121/5

Paramaribo, Suriname

Phone/Fax (597) 42-4811

http://www.diplomaticsecondpassport.com

carvalho[at]executivemail.co.za

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations
confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce
message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorization.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete
this message and its attachments

THIS AD IS ALL A SCAM! BE CAREFUL .you want to move to paraguay but you have received details from Africa .

This is a scam.   There are no "expedited" ways to apply for residency or get your paperwork done faster than normal processing.   Anyone that claims to be able to do this is simply a crook trying to separate you from your money.   Plus the price quoted you is about twice that of most local lawyers who handle residency applications.   The only way to apply for residency safely and sanely is to actually come to Paraguay.   You can get a tourist visa at the airport upon arrival, lets you stay for 90 days.   This is long enough to find a lawyer and get your application started the legal way.  Whether you stay here to see the process through to completion is up to you.   Right now the process could take as little as 6 months or as long as over a year.   I have friends who are from Portugal and England, their residency process is now going on 18 months and not completed yet.   This is normal though as sometimes the process is quick and sometimes it is not.  Everyone has a different experience as this is Paraguay which means it's the third world with incompetence, corruption and mainly plain indifference by most government offices to doing their job.

Thanks arshad i knew it

Thanks Maj

really?
At least start by asking professional mentioned on this forum.
Why post african pro´s ? Spam or plain stupidity ?

Dev pls send your contact number

Hello Mrmoon1977 and welcome on board  :)

Dev has not connected to the website since 2 years already. It will be better if you create a new thread on the forum if you have any questions regarding expatriation.

All the best,
Bhavna

If someone wants to move in my country Paraguay can I help to get it. Im Inmigratiin Lawyer.

I need some info.

What are your charges?

Of course yes.

Expatriate health insurance in Paraguay

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Paraguay

Moving to Paraguay

Find tips from professionals about moving to Paraguay

Travel insurance in Paraguay

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Paraguay

Flights to Paraguay

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Paraguay