Living in Malta for foreigners

Hello! Im come from Czech republic (EU) and my boyfriend from Malaysia. We are going to Malta in July for working more than one year. I want to ask how is life there? I mean for foreigners. Everything - Job, people, money, culture, nature, free time, and so on.. (we will live somewhere near by Luqa or Marsa.) Thank you  :D

Hi Shermanka,

welcome to the forum.

You will find a lot of information is already on the forum. 'Job' and 'money' depends much on your qualifications so for some it is very good , for others very bad.
Why do you plan to live near Marsa or Luqa?
Your boyfriend is from Malaysia so he will have to check the residency and work permit regulations for third-country nationals.
Cheers
Ricky

Thank you, he already have job in Luqa and everything around permit and other things he already have :) Just me still have to find some job. But as a waitress or hotel maid I should find some job during 3 months.
I just want to prepare as much as possible, its my first time living abroad. About people, life, culture, politics, nature and so on I can only read in some guide books, so I tried to ask here people whose living in Malta for some time or forever, their experience, impressions, cost of living and so on :-)

Bye for now

Šárka

Hi Sarka,

cost of living will depend very much on your own lifestyle , where you get an appartment, what kind of appartment, how often you want to go out to events and your food shopping and many other things. Rent will be from 350 to 400 €/month and upwards , the closer you live to Sliema/St. Julians.

So it is very difficukt to quote a specific figure for cost of living. It shouldn't be a big problem to find work as a maid or waitress in the summer but it won't be well paid, around minimal wage.

Cheers
Ricky