Relocation

I am looking at relocating to SMA and am planning a trip in June to explore the city and find a rental apartment.  During my stay I am hoping to find someone to rent me a room for that time.  Maybe a week or possibly more. I'd rather not stay at a hotel or B&B unless very reasonably priced. I will also be looking for a long term rental, but it appears that most of the websites I have been on are geared more to a vacation crowd. Does anyone have an recommendations where I can stay for my June trip and also perhaps for a more permanent home?

CC

Hi Caroline

Depends on the price and amenities you are expecting. can you tell your approx. budget for rent? and needs? wireless needed? My daughter lives in a nice enough place but very simple and furnished for 2000 pesos a month ($155 usd) with internet and utilities incl. Not the best location and not walking distance to the Centro.  You can try Sothebys San Miguel. Sounds weird but they have nice places for rent and not sooooo vacation oriented so prices can be more reasonable. Google rental in SMA as well...some places do long-term. SMA is a very special place with alot of social and artistic activity. Walking is big! There are 10K plus expats. Google San Miguel Civil List on Yahoo Groups and hook in to everything you will need!!!!!! More than 9K expats and a very supportive and lively group. You can likely find all you need there. Inquiry if you need anything else. [email protected]  Ashley Keeth :)

Thank you so for that information.  I just really need to get to SMA for trip and locate a long term rental. I do want to be within walking distance of Centro and I am a BIG walker so I'm glad to hear that is a popular activity. I will check out the sites that you recommended. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Best,

cc

Try AirBnB.com.   I have rented through them.   Despite its name, most of the rentals are not B&Bs.  They have many lovely entire apartments or rooms for low and high prices.  If I knew I was going to be back from the US when you arrive, I would have rented you are spare room.

Best of luck.

Renee Jones