Considering Oman as a destination; need advice

Dear friends,

I am an Iranian, married with kids living in Iran. I am planning to move out of the country for good, and I am not so sure about the destination. I am foreign educated with relatively diverse international background, and therefore, I am hopeful I'll be able to land a decently paying job / start a business in English [language] dominated countries.

I prefer not to get away far from the Middle East region like North America, and pick a destination somewhere in the Middle East / Asia. Having said that, I am open minded about any destination that meets my requirements. Like any parent, my kids come first and their schooling requirements is a top priority without breaking the bank. My other priorities respectively are law and order, peacefulness, and friendly environment.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on Oman

Should you have Dubai in mind, I travel to Dubai a couple of times a year, and although I like the place as a tourist, it has become very crowded, noisy (in terms of so much going on at the time) and unbearably expensive esp. with respect to education.

Best regards,
Fareed A.

Hello Fareed,

Oman is a very pro-Iran nation and there are many Iranians living here already. Relocating to Oman would be an ideal choice given your background and knowledge of Arabic, which is a great advantage and benefit. Your children too would get the opportunity to study in the local language if you so wish. The International schools are prohibitively expensive and there are many good private (Arabic) schools where the standards of education isn't too bad.

As far as law and order is concerned, Oman is a very safe place. More so for families. Petty thefts and minor crimes do happen sporadically. But as I have mentioned, they are few and far between. There is a general fear for the Royal Oman Police (ROP) which is a good thing for all the law abiding citizens and the residents living in the Sultanate. Omanis by nature are peace lovers so you will not find too much of ethnic strife or cultural tensions here. Since you are an Arabic speaker you will find Oman very easy to get by as the medium of language / communication in all ministries and government entities is only Arabic.

Comparing Oman / Muscat with UAE / Dubai is like comparing chalk with cheese. They are worlds apart even though geographically they are neighbours. Unlike the fast and furious Dubai, Oman / Muscat is slow and steady. It does have its own pros and cons. For someone who cherishes peace and quiet, Oman is a true haven. Many families choose the Sultanate over many other neighbouring countries for working and living mainly for the many benefits it offers towards the families' safety and security, besides providing opportunities for high standards of living, a good quality of life, neat and clean environment, excellent infrastructure, a strong and stable economy, and so much more.

I would strongly recommend Oman and I wish you all good luck in your efforts to relocate here.

I dnt thnk sooman s a good choice for u coz hre d salary  s nt good n unlike qatar nd kuwit, f u have a degree nd good experience go n a country that  deservd ur attainmnt so that u gain a good salary also, my aunt  wrk hre beforw nd move to qatar coz of  low salary,  my cousn also move frm here to kuwait nd I cme frm kuwait akso before six years nd there s a big difference bwt d salary , there u have good experience nd education attainmnt u gt a good salary nd bwt commodities there vry cheap, accommodations good some times free , shools nearbys only nd too much english schools , resaurnts nd amusemnts!hipe I enlughtn u through my experiences! giod  luck nd wish u a good choice that u wl nt regret!

@xenia
Could you please refrain from writing posts in text style as it makes them harder to read for some people. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello all,

@ valdehuesa montano , i invite you to avoid using abbreviations and as suggested by stumpy also avoid writing in text style.

This will help our members to get a better understanding of what you are saying and also help you get a more positive response from your post.  :)

Thank you.

Kenjee