Potential move to Shah Alam

Hi Everyone,

My husband is currently exploring an opportunity with a company located in Batu 3 Industrial Estate, Shah Alam. Could you help me understand:
- How is Shah Alam as a place to live - in terms of amenities, entertainment options etc.
- Is it an option to live in Kuala Lumpur and commute for work
We're expecting our first baby any time soon so I may be a stay at home mom initially. Want to ensure we're living in an area where there are options to get out and do things.

Also, what is a good level of salary for mid management in MNCs? Not sure what to expect as the cost of living in Shah Alam/KL?

Thanks!

Hello. I don't really know Shah Alam that well as it is a bit out of town and the only way I know to get there is on the Federal Highway which has serious traffic jams much of the time. I do go to a place called Saujana in Shah Alam to service my camera gear, which has quite a strong Japanese community and where the Japanese School is located as well as a golf club and resort. In that area there are some nice apartments and houses. There are shopping mall not too far away, but it is sort of an isolated location. However, probably you can find a better area to live and I am sure other members here can advise you.