Oman Employment Visa Labour Clearance Delays

Deepam wrote:

Dear sumitran and everyone,

I was researching about Oman visa processes and found this amazingly helpful site.. My question may be a little off track, as I'm yet to start the process..

I have a job offer from Technical and Administrative Training Institute L.L.C (TATI), for lecturer post in Salalah college of Technology.
The letter says, I will be on the pay rolls of TATI, and not the college.. Should I be concerned?
Is this a genuine organization? Can I accept the offer?

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Deepam,

I am not sure what is the connection between TATI and Salalah College of Technology (SCT).

Technically, if you are going to be working with the SCT, then your resident card must carry their name as the sponsor and not TATI, unless TATI is the sponsor of the SCT.

Make sure you check the organisations credentials thoroughly before taking the plunge. Many employers cheat the newcomers shamelessly to get their work done.

The onus lies entirely with the employee to make sure all is well, before signing on the dotted line.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply...

I got the Work Visa for Oman on 9th June-15, But Till now the consultancy has not confirmed any thing about the joining date every time when i contacted them they are just saying soon,,,,,,,soon,,,,,,.
Last month they just said that the DOJ(Date of Joining) will be After RAMADAN and now they are saying that The Officials are on vacation (This is the second time they said this excuse) DOJ will be After 20th AUG (Visa is going to expire on 8th Sep-15).
Now i am worrying,
Are they going to hire me or not?
Is there any possibility of rejecting the Employee After issuing the visa?
what should i do should i contact My Employer directly?

Please give me the advice.

Thank you.

Dear Sumitran,

SCT being a government college, they said, ministry of manpower does not  hire people directly... Instead has given contract to TATI, to hire people for ministry of manpower..

I did check amongst my sources, they said the process is right..

I want opinions about TATI.. Any information, shall be appreciated..
Thanks,
Deepa

Dears ,

it's called out source company , right now i am working at ministry of manpower but my contract is with another comapny , so don't worry and the visa may take time .

regards

hello sir
sir my self mohammed gouseuddin from india
sir i had given a interview in mumbai on 15/05/2015 & they selected me & offer me job from government club after it i submitted my medical fitness report on 10/6/2015  sir i want to know my visa status how should i get update i didn't have visa application number

Hi Sumitran,

Thought of updating this. There is no issue in stamping Oman employment Visa even if we have valid Saudi residence permit in passport. I have done the same without any problem 1 year back. Passport systems of GCC countries are not integrated as of now and they will not check the existing visa stamping in the passport while stamping an visa.

Thanks,
Madhu

Sumitran wrote:

Hi MadhuJ,

Well, what the ‘Legal Expert' says and what your sources say is totally contradictory. I leave it to your judgement.

To enter Oman first you need either a visit visa or an employment visa.

Residence Permit can be processed only after you are in the country and complete the required formalities like getting the medical tests done, fingerprints taken, photograph clicked, etc, before your Residence Card can be issued.

If you are planning on joining as an employee then you will not be issued with a business visa. If your employer is in a rush to get you over, they will bring you in on a visit visa and then convert it to their employment visa provided they hold the necessary permissions and labour clearance for that job.

Hi Sumitran,

Thought of updating this. There is no issue in stamping Oman employment Visa even if we have valid Saudi residence permit in passport. I have done the same without any problem 1 year back. Passport systems of GCC countries are not integrated as of now and they will not check the existing visa stamping in the passport while stamping an visa.

Thanks,
Madhu

Hi,
I got offer letter for teaching position in Oman govt. college through direct recruitment on June 29th 2015. After one and half month, yesterday they have got "Security Clearance" and immediately  started the VISA process.

Could i know that how long will take for visa?
and what is the next step?

If anyone known the procedure pls share here...

Thank you

Dr.Cc...
India.

MadhuJ wrote:
Sumitran wrote:

Hi MadhuJ,

Well, what the ‘Legal Expert' says and what your sources say is totally contradictory. I leave it to your judgement.

To enter Oman first you need either a visit visa or an employment visa.

Residence Permit can be processed only after you are in the country and complete the required formalities like getting the medical tests done, fingerprints taken, photograph clicked, etc, before your Residence Card can be issued.

If you are planning on joining as an employee then you will not be issued with a business visa. If your employer is in a rush to get you over, they will bring you in on a visit visa and then convert it to their employment visa provided they hold the necessary permissions and labour clearance for that job.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks,
Madhu

Hi MadhuJ,

Thanks for the update !

Expat rules keep changing ever so often here in Oman. That's why it is always best to check what is the latest directly from the authorities concerned - through the company PRO of course.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Hi Sumithran,

I have one doubt regarding my employment visa & clearance. My clearance were kept on hold by the ministry for one of my educational document which I submitted as requested by my employer. Now they have again applied for my clearance. So I have a query that whether this reapplication period is same as that of the first time application or is it less as it was kept on hold for one document only.

Hope to get your valuable reply.

Regards,
RaksP

RaksP wrote:

Hi Sumithran,

I have one doubt regarding my employment visa & clearance. My clearance were kept on hold by the ministry for one of my educational document which I submitted as requested by my employer. Now they have again applied for my clearance. So I have a query that whether this reapplication period is same as that of the first time application or is it less as it was kept on hold for one document only.

Hope to get your valuable reply.

Regards,
RaksP

Hi RaksP,

Though there is no hard and fast rule on the exact process or procedure of how the authorities operate, if your PRO is influential, he can push your papers through easily.

Hi Sumithran,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. The employer name is OTE Group. How is the company to work with? Hope they complete the procedure at earliest.

Regards,
RaksP

Dear Sumitran,

I have been offered a job from a really popular business house in Oman. My concern is completely about the educational certificates that need attestation.

I completed a degree from Bangalore University and further a one year PGDBA from NIBM Global. While I have all original documents for my PGDBA course, I have lost my original first semester marks card for my degree course. I also haven't collected my convocation certificate. I have the TC, Provisional certificate by college and consolidated marks sheet along with copies of all semester marks cards.

Is that sufficient? Or will they accept an apostille attestation of my PGDBA course? Some say that will suffice since it is the highest qualification to date while others are scaring me.

Kindly advise.

RaksP wrote:

Hi Sumithran,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. The employer name is OTE Group. How is the company to work with? Hope they complete the procedure at earliest.

Regards,
RaksP

Hi RaksP,

The Oman Trading Establishment LLC (OTE) Group belongs to one of Oman's oldest and largest business families, with varied business interest. The work culture at OTE would be predominantly conservative and archaic, as opposed to modern or forward-looking. But then most family run businesses in Oman would be like that only. And OTE is no exception.

thomaspampakottu wrote:

Dear Sumitran,

I have been offered a job from a really popular business house in Oman. My concern is completely about the educational certificates that need attestation.

I completed a degree from Bangalore University and further a one year PGDBA from NIBM Global. While I have all original documents for my PGDBA course, I have lost my original first semester marks card for my degree course. I also haven't collected my convocation certificate. I have the TC, Provisional certificate by college and consolidated marks sheet along with copies of all semester marks cards.

Is that sufficient? Or will they accept an apostille attestation of my PGDBA course? Some say that will suffice since it is the highest qualification to date while others are scaring me.

Kindly advise.

Hi thomaspampakottu,

Only the final degree / diploma certificates need to be attested.

No need for any semester mark-sheets attestations.

Hi Sumithran,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Regards,
RaksP

Dear Sumitran,

Thanks a lot for your response. That is quite a relief.

My latest qualification is a one year PGDBA course. If that is all they need attested, that would be such a relief. Also, my institute has offered to help with apostille attestation.

Should I forward my documents to them? I read elsewhere that apostille attestation is not applicable for Oman and I'll have to send it to MEA for some other kind of attestation. Would you know anything about that?

Also, please let me know your opinion about the Zubair Group.

Hi friends
To my understanding,
1. Only 'final' degree certificates (issued at convocation), not the Provisional ones are attested.
2. In some cases, the final year marks-sheet needs to be attached as proof (though it is not attested).
3. Apostile stamping by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) is mandatory for all documents.
4. All educational documents must be attested by the concerned State Home or HRD dept. before MEA Apostile.
5. Oman Embassy is not attesting any kind of Indian document.
:top:

Hi all,
Please differentiate  'security clearance' and 'labour clearance'? Or both are same? for Oman employment.

Dr.Cc

Hi...I received a draft contact from a governmental organisation in Oman...papers submitted to security clearance (civil service as far as I recall from what HR said) but because it is special job, it requires the approval from ministers cabinet. I was told it will take a month and half or two but papers were sent in the beginning of June by employer, then later in june I was asked to fill a form in 2 copies then by end of June, they asked me to send some details relevant to my cv and experience. Is that LC or PCC or something else called security clearance as told? .I am still waiting since I resigned from my job in Oman in June ...please advise.  Regards

Hi...I received a draft contact from a governmental organisation in Oman...papers submitted to security clearance (civil service as far as I recall from what HR said) but because it is special job, it requires the approval from ministers cabinet. I was told it will take a month and half or two but papers were sent in the beginning of June by employer, then later in june I was asked to fill a form in 2 copies then by end of June, they asked me to send some details relevant to my cv and experience. Is that LC or PCC or something else called security clearance as told? .I am still waiting since I resigned from my job in Oman in June ...please advise.  Regards

Hi Hassan
I don't know about on security clearances but for me employer  took 45 days for security clearance. Sumithran may about this....

@ HHassan,

Kindly do not copy, paste the same post numerous times, and across different topics please.

I have already replied to your PM, as well as elsewhere in the open forum.

Hello All here, I had attended an interview with a company in Oman and they have provided  me an offer also .  The last day I send them my acceptance on the offer and still awaiting to hear back from HR. Meanwhile shall I take this oppurtunity here to have an idea of the processes. What  is this process of Visa Labor Clearance? Is this a much delayed process? Do I need to provide my attested original certificates for applying for a visa or only a copy is needed? A couple of posts mentioned that I should never send my originals and some mentioned that original certificates are mandatory. Kindly help me out with my query. Thanks in advance

hallow_ween86 wrote:

Hello All here, I had attended an interview with a company in Oman and they have provided  me an offer also .  The last day I send them my acceptance on the offer and still awaiting to hear back from HR. Meanwhile shall I take this oppurtunity here to have an idea of the processes. What  is this process of Visa Labor Clearance? Is this a much delayed process? Do I need to provide my attested original certificates for applying for a visa or only a copy is needed? A couple of posts mentioned that I should never send my originals and some mentioned that original certificates are mandatory. Kindly help me out with my query. Thanks in advance

Hi hallow_ween86,

Please read through the various topics, particularly 'Formalities', 'Cost of Living' and many others to get a good idea of what to expect.

If you still have any query which has not been addressed before (which is quite unlikely), then please do post them for the forum members to respond to, provided they do have something useful to post.

hi,
I want to ask something to get myself clear?
I got a phone interview from one of the private college in Oman as a lecturer post.
After interview session, HR send me an email regarding Oman MOHE document to be send ASAP.
I'm not quite sure about the document and it is means i'm a successful candidate or it's just the standard procedure for every interview candidate?

Thank you

My11 wrote;
hi,
I want to ask something to get myself clear? one of the private college in Oman as a lecturer post.

Ans: When did you get call? and Now a days phone interview is very rare, please cross check that phone number first. I got a phone interview from

After interview session, HR send me an email regarding Oman MOHE document to be send ASAP.

Ans: May send scanned copies your qualifications, exp. certificates and passport

I'm not quite sure about the document and it is means i'm a successful candidate or it's just the standard procedure for every interview candidate?
Ans: Did you send your CV? If yes, then ok. You can wait few days,

Did you get your employement visa or still waiting for that please give reply as soon as possible

Hi Everyone,

I just to ask what will be my claim if an Oman employer turn down my LOI Letter of Intention, from our treads of email i ask the employer the go signal to resign and he let me resign, but unfortunately the Employment Visa their working on.. is not gone through and decline by the Ministry of Labour. I don't have any information why is it decline, but i am not remembering any issue with the ministry of Labour here in UAE and in Oman, its so strange.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you

Jayrdeinla wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I just to ask what will be my claim if an Oman employer turn down my LOI Letter of Intention, from our treads of email i ask the employer the go signal to resign and he let me resign, but unfortunately the Employment Visa their working on.. is not gone through and decline by the Ministry of Labour. I don't have any information why is it decline, but i am not remembering any issue with the ministry of Labour here in UAE and in Oman, its so strange.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you

Hi Jayrdeinla,

To be honest, your post is very unclear. But from what little I can gather, I see that your employment visa has been turned down by the Ministry of Manpower, in Oman.

The reason for that is actually not too hard to guess. And here in Oman, it is not very strange even. The company which wanted to hire you most likely does not hold the required job clearance and that is why your application has been rejected.

The expatriate employment rules between Oman and the UAE are very different. So comparing both would be like comparing apples with aubergines !

That is why until and unless you receive your employment visa in hand, you should never ever resign from the job that you are holding - in the hope that your Oman employment visa would come easily.

This is a disaster, i am freaking out...

Anyway thank you so much for the respond

but Usually? how many days a visa for employment
takes to released? if the employer will not take any
problem from clearances...

Hi Jayrdeinla,

If your read the numerous posts in this forum, you can gather all the information you would ever need to know on the issues related to getting / not getting an employment visa.

Hi, aside from the NOC Letter, you will also need to secure a copy of "Authorized signatory document" from your company, with immigration stamped on it as per the ROP and immigration requirement.

Hi sir, I am Harold Bayotas from the Philippines and I got hired in Music Palace as voice and piano teacher. I finished my documents and was sent to oman by mu agency last October 2016, it's almost 5 months and my visa is not yet being released. And my medical has also expire. Any advice please? Thank you

hi harold, you should ask the agency about your concern. Based on my experience, my visa was released 2 weeks after my employer received all the docs needed.

Hi sir maki, as of my agency they're just waiting for our employer's update. *Tagalog mode* - pero nag update po sa isa ko pong kasama ang employer namin na nag expire na po ang medical namin. Same clinic po ba kami magpapa medical? Thanks po sir.

no idea. hehe. As far as my knowledge is concern, medical done in Phil is for visa purposes only. When you come to Oman, you need to undergo medical again. But in your case, if your visa hasn't done yet I think you need to resubmit a new medical for the visa to be processed. Pero hintay ka nlang sir sa employer mo. hehe