Question

Hello,
   I may be moving to Nigeria , but it will be at least 3 months away. Im sure it will be a culture shock. There are probably a lot of things a person should bring that are hard to get over there. I suppose i have a million questions. Any suggestions would be welcome. im from Wilmington, NC but I live at Carolina Beach , NC. Have a blessed day

Nigeria is coming strongly ...

Nigeria: Economy $510 billion, biggest in Africa
http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-economy-5 … nance.html

This should be good news.  :)

i  am not sure that they are things that will be difficult for you to get in Nigeria, may be you should be specific on the items you have in mind so that we can give you proper directives and information that can help you.

hi,ask any questions from me i can help u ok.

Nigeria's got everything you'll need. All you gotta to do is know where and where to get them. That obviously will be sorted once you're in the system. Asking questions and directions from those who'll be around you will/should sort that out. But if there's something in particular you're scared of missing, sure I can give you an assurance on it if pointed out. I hope you find this useful

Thank you

Well. I really want to bring my lap top. I have heard all kinds of stories about customs at the airport which concerns me. I suppose I should bring my dvds and cd's because i probably wont be able to find them in Nigeria. Also, I am not sure how much housing is there. Is there good internet access in Nigeria?

Sure you can bring in your laptop as long as it's got nothing that can put the country at risk in it. Bringing that in is like in every other country dear. Bringing in your CDs and DVDs might not be a bad idea too because your kind of music might be rare. There is good and improving internet access in Nigeria, not as good as in America tho but sure improving by the day and you have a couple of providers to choose from. The housing thing varies depending on where you're hoping to settle down in. You sure should have a job offer to be thinking of moving here. Where's the location and what's the offer like, and what type of enviroment would you rather spot will go along way in working out what your rents will look like. Lagos or Abuja, Ibadan or Port Harcourt, Enugu or Sagamu? We have expats scattered everywhere. Lol