Move to bulgaria

1 am very intrested in moving to bulgaria would like to hear from ex-pats who have already moved regrets or no regrets how have you found the culture and the people any information would be welcome.looking forward to you responses many thanks

Hey,

I'm an expat in Veliko Tarnovo, and I really don't regret it. The only thing I miss about Belgium is the beer :) What are you going to do in Bulgaria if I may ask?

Greetz,
Arnie

hi i am thinking of retiring in bulgaria single by design and love it - want to buy small holding and live a peaceful life - i think bulgaria is the answer - any cons to look out for?

hello Karen
although I'm not an ex pat yet Ive been two Bulgaria several times on holiday,liked the place so much that I've bought a house near yambol so i can have a holiday home here or to retire here at a later time.. Ive been to many places in the world much more than your average person from say France to
hawaii,Bulgaria is for me the best place to retire too i think,
1) the people are very nice IE my hire car broke down,puncture in the middle of nowhere a man came out before i new it he had changed the wheel for me talking to me happily away in Bulgarian, i said doberden which is the only word i knew at the time which i thought was thank you and i was in a rush so i offered him 20 lev cut a long storey short he wouldn't take my money i ended up in his house having tea there with his family,what a nice day that turned out to be... Ive had many other nice experiences like this and also heard many similar storeys so have come to the conclusion Bulgarians are naturally nice people...
2)the place must be one of the cheapest places to live in Europe,IE food,drink ( alcohol ) council tax. is cheap, i bet you could live off a state pension quit comfortably...
3. property is also one of the cheapest in Europe,that's with a nice big garden too....
i think the best thing you can do Karen is to try and have a holiday here if your seriously thinking of making a move here the proof will be in the pudding ( as they say ) however don't think the holiday resorts will be the true cost of living in Bulgaria because as like anywhere else holiday resorts are a little more expensive... a great philosopher once said ( mick Jagger ) you cant always get what you wont.... chow

I'm definitely agree with with you Mrs FITZGERALD !

Max