Swedish Visa: Guide for Filipinos (Share your story)

I know that she already applied before and got denied. Applying for a visitors visa or a tourist visa in Sweden is just the same i guess? It's the same schegen application form that she'll be filling in. They will ask her the purpose of her visit.  And if she says this time that she's supporting herself and her boyfriend is not sponsoring her so that means that she has to book hotels etc. In the form, she has to write the name of the hotel, adress and telephone number. It's more complicated for her knowing that she's not gonna do it naman in the end. Baka magka problema siya later on. It would be better to tell the truth to avoid problems in her future applications.

Hi,
I just want to clarify something based sa comment.
There is no such thing as a show money in SWEDEN. Kahit saan ka mag search, SWEDEN never required a show money kahit schenzen visa payan.

hi,
im here inside sweden rightnow holding a 90days visa only,me and my boyfriend planning to apply for partners visa,i just want to ask how to apply it,i can stay here while applying the partners visa?
thanks

Hi good day everyone!

I was planning to apply for a residence permit in Sweden.  How long will it takes for the processing of it?
my fiance will provide all the needed requirements for the via application.  We first met on dec 2016 then since then we have frequent meetings already. We meet 5 times. Is there any possibility I will be approve for the visa? and I've heard the residence visa takes 17 months long?

any advise please?

thank you! :)

Hello missy!

Correct me if I am wrong, you will apply for residence visa? , Yes, you're capable as long you meet the income and housing requirement stated by immigration. You can apply via online or paper. You can do it right away after you visit sweden. 😄

You can check the website for more information. 😊

Hi kataugusto! Thank you for your response. I appreaciate it. Yes will push through for the residence visa. However I was quite confused because you said I can apply for it after I visit sweden. So it mean that, I will apply first for the tourist visa for me to go to sweden then apply for residence permit once I'm there?  And I guess my fiance was able to met the standard requirements for it. And just a bit of clarifications on howong does it takes to process the residence permit, is it really 12-14 months? Thank you! 😊

Have a nice day!

Have you been to sweden? It's really good proof of relationship if you have been to sweden. Do yiu have facebook? I can add you up to a filipino swedish group where yiu can ask more questions and can gather information about applying Visa from our country. 😄

Hej! Has anyone here switched visas before? Im currently on a resident permit for studies but i want to switch to a sambo visa. Is that possible to do that from here in sweden? Also, will it be possible for me to apply if i have been married before in manila and annulment is on-going, but i want to be a sambo to a swede? I seem to not find that topic in the MV website! If someone could help i would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Hi Kataugusto Me and my Fiancee planning to apply for a residence permit soon. We meet 3times already but we are afraid that we got rejected because we started communicating Nov. Of last year meet Jan. For 1week and april 2weeks and July  10days and now planning to apply for residence permit my worries is i dont have a job here now.

hi, me n my partner applied for residence permit last july 8, 2016 , been interviewed here in hongkong since im working here last october 18 and finally my residence permit was granted august 22, and now waiting for my permit card and it will take 2-3 wks for me to pick it up...13 and half months of waiting...

Hi! I am just new in here. I hope you can help and teach me what to do. Since my cousin will help me to go to sweden and will support me for what will i be needing like supporting papers,and everything. What do i need or what documents do i need including the supporting papers from my cousin to present in the embassy? Please help me since i am very much interested to see and visit sweden. And its really an opportunity. Hope you understand. Thank you.

please who knows, if my hasband is going to  be in rehabiliation centre, will it affect our process???plz help me

Hi is anybody her who had process here in Sweden. Can you give me a tips what they asked in the interview. Me and my husband have interview at migrationsverket this coming October 3. Pls..

i processed my residence visa without visiting as tourist visa first here in sweden .  Do can make it also.

Same here..I guess yes..possible

Hello everyone! Can anyone advice me or give me some helpful tips that I can use during the interview for residential permit??? It would be of a great help!!! 😊

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to ask if anyone has and idea, I applied tourist visa and submitted my requirements to the vfs office Cebu to visit spouse June 11 of this year and they told me that I will just wait for 3-15 days but until now its already the 15th day but I did not receive any updates yet. What do you think is the best thing for me to do? Is it ok to go and ask to the consulate office about my case? Do you think I am denied or something? Please help. Thank you.

Hi there ,
You can actually call and ask them

You better call the embassy. My parents applied last May 2018 and after two days they already got the desicion.

Thank you so much for your reply. I already got a reply and I am approved.

Good day
I want to ask is it possible to apply for living with someone in sweden visa if I'm working abroad I'm working here in saudi. Can I go to phil and submit the requirements and go back to saudi while waiting?  Please help me Thank you

Hi,

Im new here. Currently in Sweden under a visitor's visa. Originally came here on a Schengen visa. I am a filipina will be married here in Sweden to a citizen this Oct. How will I apply for a residence visa from the Philippines? I'm not sure where to start. Any advice would do :D

Hi mooglequeen!

You can do the application online for the residence permit. It can also be paid with CC. What i am not sure is if you can do the online application while you're in Sweden, or should you be in Philippines to do this. But it is an online application so you should be able to do it anywhere. Nonetheless, it's best you call the migration and seek for their advice before doing any actions.

All the best!

Sorry for the delayed response :) I have not been online a lot, but  I have contacted the immigration people. They just told me to follow the instructions and information on the website. Hope it all goes well :D

Can someone enlighten me please. 

There is an urgency for me to travel and meet my man.  As originally planned, he is suppose to come on January to attend a festival in my city.  His circumstances has prompted me to decide in visiting him instead to spend the holiday and the support he needed for recovery.  I came back in the country last Nov. 2017, I am an ofw of 13 years.  Got a full time job to keep me busy for a while, this means resigning is a necessity.

To get to the bottomline, is bank statement an IMPORTANT requirement to be able to pass through the decision of the Embassy and Philippine Immigration? 

Appreciate any of your thoughts.  Thanks.

Hi! Did you need to attend cfo seminar before your flight to Sweden in a schengen visa?
Thank you in advance!

Hi Malyn,

If you are holding a visitor's permit or a residence permit in Sweden, then yes, you have to attend a seminar conducted by the CFO.

You have a book it online.

On the other hand, I am not fully sure but I don't think this seminar is necessary for those who are holding a Schengen Visa.

You can always call the office during working hours to get confirmation.
Hope this help.

MangoAvocado

hi is there anyone around here applied for tourist visa approved  but unemployed ?

Hi do you have any knowledge on job opportunities for nonEU citizens? After which you can apply for a work permit or visa? Thank you! :)

Hi Maam, may I ask the name of this Facebook group so I can join? :) thank you!

If you come to Sweden on a Schengen Visa to which Sweden is a member, it is a proof of specimen that you have legal entry to Sweden according  to application for tourist visa. A sponsor letter upon departure from the Phils maybe required by the authrorities there, but I am not aware of it, since Schengen Visa stamped in your passport is you legal way to travel to Scandinavia. WOuld it be better if you ask your sponsor to provide in case you need it for reference prior to your departure from Phils. thanks

Hej,

Here's a link for you to read and understand on how the processing of Visa to Sweden or shall we call it Schengen Visa to Scandinavia. THis link will help you better understand & maybe answer to your queries in applying for a visa in sweden.

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English … -visa.html

I came to Sweden 35 yrs ago & during those times, migration procedures won't take that long, approximately waited for 4 weeks before I could come to Sweden on a fiancee visa for a period of 5 years residency. It was easier to process with convenience before since the Embassy of Sweden location was in Makati, Manila, there was no need for us to travel to Thailand to process the visa like they do now.

When I arrived in Sweden, I process my civil identification ID so I could legally stay, & work in Sweden. It was quite simple before, but now the processing will take an ample time to wait since the embassy of Sweden is located in Thailand. Currently , you only send your requirements to the embassy of Sweden in THailand ang wait for the approval which certainly came from the Migrationverket in Norrköping.  The place where all of family visas and finacee visas are being processed in a certain period of time and correspinding decisions to whether or not you are decline of visa. Currently, MIgration Authority in Sweden is now cautious due to the reasons that people are coming to Sweden and not going back to the place of their origin which is creating more problems.  I wish you luck and welcome to Sweden in your near future travel.

Before you apply for a Swedish Visa, these are the things that you have to pon

In order to receive a tourist visa you must:

have a passport that is valid for at least three months after the visa has expired, was issued in the last ten years and has at least two empty pages
be able to describe the purpose of your visit

have money to support yourself and for the return trip home (Sweden also requires you to have 450 SEK for each day you stay in Sweden, which can also be paid for by the person who has invited you)
have an individual medical travel insurance that covers all costs that may arise in connection with emergency medical treatment, urgent medical care or transportation to your home country for medical reasons (the insurance must cover costs of at least 30,000 EUR and be valid for all Schengen countries) show that you intend to leave Sweden and the Schengen area on the last day before the visa expires

a photograph that is in passport format and taken with you facing the camera and which is not older than six months

other documents that the embassy may require.
Remember that it is important that you verify what applies in your particular case. You can find more information on the embassy's website.

Swedish embassies and consulates-generalexternal link, opens in new window

If you are going to submit your application to another Schengen country's embassy or consulate-general, you should contact them in advance. It is that country's embassy or consulate-general that assesses and makes a decision on your application.

i have a friend who has the same situation as yours, sadly , she has to get back to her country of origin and will have to apply there or her boyfriend shall apply for her here in sweden on her behalf. then when the visa is done, then you process your documents to the consulate embassy or embassy of Sweden in Phils or in Thailand prior to your travel to Sweden. I  hope this helps your query.

Thank you for the extensive reply to my inquiry :)
It is very much appreciated.
I didn't expect a reply after I posted it two years ago.
If it would be okay with you, is it okay for me to correspond more with you here or via email?
I have other questions and I think you're a bit knowledgeable on this matter.
Again, thank you :)