Student- work

hello
i have 22 years old
soon i will be in manchester
i will come with a student visa,, anyway ,, i'd like to know , if i could work to afford myself or not??
i will have a visa of 11 months,, and i need to work to save my life,, study and work
i'd like to know,, if i could work legally or not? ,, just simple work ,, restaurnat or cofé ..

Look at your visa... some student visas say that you are not allowed to work, but otherwise you can undertake a limited amount of work each week. However, finding a job is not easy...

If you know EF LEARNING (EDUCATION FIRST),..this is the programe which im interested in..
They have insitute in manchester..
So,.Ždo you know about EF LEARNING??
their student visa its aviable for work?

Hi
What ur studying a degree or just to get you entry visa 😁

Hello mrozu.

I do not want to discourage you but since early 1980s, the UK government stopped subsidizing education sector resulting huge increase in tuition fees for both local and overseas students. It is only possible to earn some pocket money to supplement your living expenses.by working the allowed 20 hours per week.

So come prepared for a tough time ahead of you. :)

mrozu wrote:

If you know EF LEARNING (EDUCATION FIRST),..this is the programe which im interested in..
They have insitute in manchester..
So,.´do you know about EF LEARNING??
their student visa its aviable for work?

Be aware, there is a lot of scams going on. Make sure it's a reputable organisation before you pay/enrol or do anything.

U r legal to work as musch ic ur frm eu
If not thn u can still work buf u r limited to 20 hrs / week
But i personally knw n see students frm nkn eu working full tym
Dont think its big of a deal

Breaking your visa term conditions is a very big deal.

Hello Friends,

I would like to advise all new comers to the UK including students to take immigration legalities very seriously. I have seen lots of cases where students have been deported for breaking regulations.

UK border agency continues to carry out raids in all areas and all types of businesses. Please do not even consider gambling with your future :dumbom: .

XB23 wrote:

Breaking your visa term conditions is a very big deal.

You are correct.
The UK is tough on visa regulations, so take care.

One thing that is an absolute.
The UK is cracking down on fake educational establishments.
Avoid them at all costs - you could well find yourself in serious trouble.

Having watched pretty much all the UK Border Force shows, I'm surprised, the now banned member, advised that it isn't a "big deal" to work full-time as a non-Eu student. All bogus students have faced deportation, and a mark placed against their name, which needless to say, will effect any future visa application to enter the country. As well as the college being added to the black-list, if it wasn't previously on. The former member might know many who are getting away with it, but once caught, they will be ruined, and risking their future for a paltry sum. It simply isn't worth it, as the pay they are receiving from their non-skilled work is nothing compared to what they would get once they complete their studies. A choice they all regret once the authorities find out what they've been up to.

I knew many students that got away with working longer hours, but it is absolutely a big deal if you get nabbed.
The fact people do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Will you come here to study in a university or only using the student visa for working ?

Not like he's going to admit that (if it was indeed his intention) on a public forum for all to see.

I'm here to try to help him, i don't care about that

You can't help someone by asking him a question of whether he intends to break the law. Because he won't answer that. Rendering any help futile. That's my point.

Not more thn 20 hrs a week i guess

If you are a genuine student you will have been told how many hours if any you can work, do not take the word of some people on this site.

If you do work and you are not allowed on your Visa and you are found out you will be deported.

Only students with funding to support their education will be allowed to stay in England.

The student Visa is given because you wanted to be educated here!!!!!!

If you have paid up all your fees and accommodation costs upfront before arriving in Manchester and you arrive with some funds to cover maybe a month or 2 living expenses before you get a part time job then you will stand a chance of survival.

Your 20 hrs a week work if guaranteed the hours on the job should net you at least £130 per week. This can cover your day to day living costs. It WILL NOT stretch to covering fees and accommodation costs as well. I'm sure you already knew this anyway.

In the past international students were permitted to work full time (over 20hrs) during the summer holidays. I don't know if that is still the case. Goodluck

You should be asking the government agency if working is possible on your Visa, they are only the people who can answer this question not anyone on this site who do not know what your circumstances are.

This is just a community to help in general terms not questions about Visas.

The point of a student Visa is to study if this is not primarily what you want to do you should not be coming to the UK.

Jeanie the points made in both of yours posts are clear and I think factual albeit your tone of communication seems rather harsh.