Having something shipped from online shopping

Hi everyone,
Has anyone ordered something from like amazon.com and had the item shipped here?  If so, did the shipping company get it to you or did you have to go pick it up from somewhere?  Do we have to pay customs taxes for an item we receive?

For example, I want to buy the K cup pods and can't find them in Jeddah and want to have them shipped here.

I have a similar question to @myyams.

What is the procedure if I want to order something from ebay. Do they ship to KSA ?. Are taxes applicable in KSA once the product reaches here ?. Does the courier company ship to home or does it need to be collected from somewhere ?.

All.help will be appreciated.

dears,

trust all is well,

i hv shipped items from canada there is no customs taxes, what you pay online is what you pay till you receive the item in your hand no extra fees.

once you choose for example the company you prefer as (fedex / dhl or whatso ever)
they deliver it to your location (home / office)

the only thing fo it to arrive at customs and you may clear it is if you request so or the item have to stop there for its not registered if its chemicals or weird stuff.

But no such problems with stuff like cell phones or laptops ordered right ?

I keep shopping online from UK and US and I have virtual addresses in 9 countries via www.shopandship.com (a service from ARAMEX).

No taxes or custom fee applies. I save lots as my sellers have to ship my items to local addresses. And I have to pay nominal shipping charges to ARAMEX (65 SAR for 1lb, 105 SAR for 1Kg).

Delivery done to my doorstep. They in fact call and inquire about the delivery point.

for electronics specifically i dont know because i ddnt order before such a thing however i believe and hope there's is no extra fees also. 

check this might help

http://www.fedex.com/sa/shippingguide/importguidelines/

Thanks guys for all the help

myyams -
  I have ordered straight from Amazon( also try AmazonUK), it just takes a few weeks to get instead of days. Keep in mind Amazon won't ship some items due to customs (I think Kcups would be one of these items) so double check. I have been told by quite a few people to try the shop and ship thing, but I haven't yet.

stressedmom wrote:

myyams -
  I have ordered straight from Amazon( also try AmazonUK), it just takes a few weeks to get instead of days. Keep in mind Amazon won't ship some items due to customs (I think Kcups would be one of these items) so double check. I have been told by quite a few people to try the shop and ship thing, but I haven't yet.

Yes, true! I shop from Amazon too. There would be hardly anything you can't get via ShopAndShip as that's considered local shopping and shipment.

@TLL. Thanks for all ur help on the subject. I am nit ckear about one thing though. Can I order from ebay or Amazon through shopandship?. Does ebay give me that option?. What steps do i need to take to order tbrough ebay using shopandship.  All.hrlp is appreciated