Moving to Helsinki soon

Hi Everyone,

I am Manasa and would be moving to Helsinki in the month of August. I would require your help in some queries that I had.

- I am looking to join Finnish speaking classes. Any school/training istitute that offers Finnish learning courses? And what is the fees charged?
- Any ice skating schools? Fees?
- I am interested in doing a certification course/degree program in World culture/European culture or even Finnish culture. Does the university have short term course?

Please help.

Thanks,
Manasa

As far as Scandinavia is concerned (Denmark,Norway, Sweden) then the borough/council (Kommune) usually allow people on language courses without any fees - but since you are just there for a month it might not be an option for you in case they only let people join twice as year. I should think the system in Finland is similiar to the one in Norway/Sweden

Alternatively you can teach me some Kannada online and I will teach you some Danish or Norwegian lol

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will be staying in Finland for 6 months and not only for a month. :)

However, I am open to learn Norwegian :) and I can definitely teach you Kannada.

Cheers!
M