Close

Moving and Looking for a Job in Taiwan

Hi everyone
My name is Dianita, I am from Indonesia and the new member of this great blog. Hopefully if everything's going well, I will move to Taiwan this June and I can not wait for it. Now I am working as an Office Manager Assistant in a coal trading company in Jakarta, Indonesia. Before that, I was an intern for Guest Relations Service Officer in Grand Hyatt Bali, Public Relations for some national events, and event staff for a kids event organizer in Jakarta. Besides Indonesian, I can speak English fluently and still learning French and Norwegian also Mandarin (remembering I will move to Taiwan). As a Bachelor in Political Science, I am still looking for job opportunities in this country. I already send some applications to few companies and hopefully they are interested.

But, is that hard for an expats to get a job in Taiwan apart of English Teacher?

Hopefully if all of you have an information about job vacancies, please let me know and I can not wait to meet this community when I arrive in Taiwan. Thanks and have a great day :)

It's simple. Why would a local firm hire an Indonesian unless they need your particular skills such as Indonesian language fluency?
There are plenty of local talents for the hospitality trade.
Also hiring a foreigner calls for more paperwork (and perhaps higher pay) which local employers would rather avoid.

hauthomme :

It's simple. Why would a local firm hire an Indonesian unless they need your particular skills such as Indonesian language fluency?
There are plenty of local talents for the hospitality trade.
Also hiring a foreigner calls for more paperwork (and perhaps higher pay) which local employers would rather avoid.

Old thread...again!  :whistle:

Expatriate health insurance in Taiwan

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Taiwan

Moving to Taiwan

Find tips from professionals about moving to Taiwan

Travel insurance in Taiwan

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Taiwan

Flights to Taiwan

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Taiwan