Please help me!!

i'm a vietnamese high school girl who are living in Hồ Chí Minh city. i really need someone to teach me english, especially writing skill. if you want, i can teach you vietnamese in return. ^^ please help me! Thank you!

Why don't you join some language center?  :)

if you want to learn writing, you should go to a language school/ center.

agree its quiet hard to actually teach. without a proper syabus and proper text book
I can talk to you in English if you want, you don't have to teach me Vietnamese. (Note I do not understand Vietnamese)

however only if you can show me where to play badminton. I really want to learn that

Its belong to where u live, if u want u should go to Phu Tho sport center.

TuongVan wrote:

i'm a vietnamese high school girl who are living in Hồ Chí Minh city. i really need someone to teach me english, especially writing skill. if you want, i can teach you vietnamese in return. ^^ please help me! Thank you!

im not sure can teach u english but i could talk to u by english everyday to help u do that

You should get a private tutor so you can really learn well.  I know someone you can have for 20 USD/hour.

Is that you?  ;)

clargr wrote:

You should get a private tutor so you can really learn well.  I know someone you can have for 20 USD/hour.

charmavietnam wrote:

Is that you?  ;)

clargr wrote:

No, it is my boyfriend.  I wouldn't have stated "I know someone..." if it was actually me, yeah? :)

well, i'm learning at some centers but i don't feel realistic enough.  ==" i don't think i want to try some more. we've been told "the best way to learn a language is to live in that language and it's country"

Thanks! i guess talking would be good enough. ^^
About teaching Vietnamese part, it's not a term i actually don't force myself to get what i want.  it is a choice and i'm really proud if i can show people how beatuful vietnamese can be

TuongVan wrote:

Thanks! i guess talking would be good enough. ^^
About teaching Vietnamese part, it's not a term i actually don't force myself to get what i want.  it is a choice and i'm really proud if i can show people how beautiful Vietnamese can be

Your English language skill is good enough. All you need is to practice a lot ... Have some passion to learn and you will learn soon ... So , just start listening English as much as you can and start speaking whatever you learn :)
Good Luck :)

I always tell my wife, "em co ma phinh" :D

My Vietnamese sucks, but she's helping me learn.  Her English is great, but she always likes when I correct her mistakes.  It took her 4 years to get to her level, just have to go to formal classes to get started, and practice everyday with foreigners or watching TV/internet.

There are many text books that you can purchase at local stores (such as Fahasa) in HCMC on writing.  There are also websites that you can obtain free writing material to practice with. These can be for TOEFL, TOEIC or general business courses.   
Writing with skill takes time and practice.  Learning how to express oneself on paper can be captured by learning from others and how they write.  The whole concept is being able to take your thoughts, place on paper, and continue to re-write and express correctly so others can understand. Companies who have written text books for this purpose have been doing so for decades.  If you are a serious learner, some of the following publishers may help you. Thomson, Pearson, Barrons, Longman, Kapland, Oxford and Compass are just a few of the publishers that you can obtain books from on the subject of writing. 
Searching the internet for such material is even easier to find.  You can go to onlineenglish4u.com/englishmatters that you can view many of the books and download some.  You can also go to gutenberg.org and librivox.com for books of all kinds to see and listen to.  In the States, book reports are required to be written from students and I recommend some to the Classics to read and listen to.  I've asked many students to read from those who have published to find the varied ways of writing and learn how from those who done so.  Find something that interests you, read and listen to a couple chapters, take notes, re-write and attempt to express the same meanings.  This is also a good way to learn new vocabulary.  Gutenberg and Librivox are free sites where you can download material to read, and listen to the text you are reading.
Good luck and enjoy

thank you! ^^

Hi nice to hear 4m u I am also interested to learn Vietname language so u email me on [email protected] thanx

Cool. Ditch me two ... i also one two study Engliss. Ditch me peace.

Hi everybody,

Those who want to teach a language or those seeking a teacher, please note that you should post here : https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/as … asses.html

Thank you,

Priscilla

( Thread closed )

Closed