Gated community villas in Mauritus

HI
In wanted some information if we can take on rent any villa which is inside a gated community and not totally independent.
Does such a system exist in the country . My worry is since i want some good friends company for me and my daugther and also some safe and common play area/ gymanasium etc which is safe and secure in the gated community.

Hi. You really don't need to live in a gated community here. I live in a group of townhouses and appartments and its great. We all have a big common garden and a security guard and handyman on site. The best of both worlds!

aussiedodo wrote:

Hi. You really don't need to live in a gated community here. I live in a group of townhouses and appartments and its great. We all have a big common garden and a security guard and handyman on site. The best of both worlds!

Thks for the information. Can u guide me what are the approximate monthly rentals for a town house . 3 bedroom.

Hi Parul, and welcome to Expat.com,
You could already have a look at the Mauritius Classifieds -> Houses for rent and on ll'express properties which might give you a good idea of what's on the market.
Good luck on your new venture.
Arlette

iaustin wrote:

hi there

i recently visited a friend living in one such gated community in Tamarin/Black River called La Plantation Marguery. It is top notch and probably very expensive. But from what I've seen, you really don't need to stay in a gated community.

Regards
Isabel

Thks Isabel. I hv read your good reviews abt the place and am looking forward also to come to Mauritius. WHy i was looking for a gated community villa was that me and my daugther can have some company and share common facilities . What do you think are the approxmiate rentals for such places . We plan to stay in moka or quatre bornes.

Hi there
My husband wld be working in Quatre Bornes and my daugther school wld probably be in Moka or QB. Which city do you think wld be ideal for us to stay. Actually we wanted to personally stay by the coast ( say flic e flac/ tamarin) but do u think it is a good idea practically.. or can u suggest any other location to stay.

Hi again... I live in Floreal and I love it here. There are lots of expats in this region as well and its close to schools, clubs etc. I have also lived by the beach for 5 years previously (which was also good, but the travel to school was too much for my daughter each day). We have rented 3 different houses in Floreal, the last one being a townhouse and we've paid from Rs25,000 to Rs38,000 in rent. As I write this there is a group of expat mums meeting on the verandah next door and the children are all running around playing in the garden. They get together once or twice a week.... You will have no trouble finding playmates for your daugher.

Wow! that sounds great. we are also looking at Floreal / QB for stay . We shall finally decide when we guys land up there

HI, I am looing for a place to stay in the Moka or Floreal area but am having no luck with lexpress.com or any other internet sites. Can any one help?