BEST SUSHI RESTAURANTS IN HO CHI MINH CITY

Hi,

after being here for over 2 years, i actually never been to a sushi restaurant. even though its probably one of my favorite foods back in the states. I'm pretty familiar with hcmc and most of the main streets. I'm currently residing in binh tan district, i'm not picky BUT need some good recomendations :) I'm plan on going to get some sushi sometime this week to get rid of my craving.

thanks!

Hi!
You can start with these 2 restaurant:
Saigon Sakura Sushi - Sashimi
100 Nguyen Du St., Ward Ben Nghe, Dist. 1 (price ranging from VND500.000 - VND 1.100.000)
and
Fuji Japanese Restaurant, Hotel Nikko Saigon, 235 Nguyen Van Cu St., Dist. 1 (price ranging from VND200.000 - VND1.000.000)

Food are qualified as most delicious and expensive among Japanese sushi restaurant. If you are satisfied with them, it's Ok! If you want to experience more in various price and quality ranges, I'll give you some more.
I'm fan of sushi, too. :)

Scarletvn wrote:

Hi!
You can start with these 2 restaurant:
Saigon Sakura Sushi - Sashimi
100 Nguyen Du St., Ward Ben Nghe, Dist. 1 (price ranging from VND500.000 - VND 1.100.000)
and
Fuji Japanese Restaurant, Hotel Nikko Saigon, 235 Nguyen Van Cu St., Dist. 1 (price ranging from VND200.000 - VND1.000.000)

Food are qualified as most delicious and expensive among Japanese sushi restaurant. If you are satisfied with them, it's Ok! If you want to experience more in various price and quality ranges, I'll give you some more.
I'm fan of sushi, too. :)

thanks for your reply :) i actually take nguyen du st ( one way st ) all the time but never noticed this sushi spot you mentioned!! My friend stayed at hotel nikko last year, never noticed there was one in there either. I definitely will try saigon sakura sometime this week for lunch. Thanks!!!!!!!

An important tip about eating Sushi.
dont be afraid to go inside and speak to the Sushi chef. If he is any nationality besides Japanese be wary.
it takes 10 years to be a qualified Sushi Chef and most of that training is to do with hygiene in preparing raw fish.
We had a huge problem in sydney a few years back with Sushi bars springing up all over Sydney followed by an outbreak of food poisonings. It got so bad that the Japanese Govt sent Sushi Chefs from Japan to educate people as it was giving Sushi a bad name.