Want to know more about Kinshasa

Hi Christine/Priscilla & All in Expat.com members,

I would like to know how is DRC & esp Kinshasa as place to work & live in because I have been receiving conflicting opinions & reports - some say it is good, whereas others say it is very bad. I have been receiving job offers from this country,  . Although I have worked in Africa before ( Mozambique to be precise, which was a wonderful experience), I would like to know your expert opinion on the same.

Hi,

I think you would enjoy Kinshasa, especially as you are from Mumbai you will find a large Indian community there. It may take time to adjust and get familiar with how things work there, but as you
Iived in Moz you will find it easier to adjust.

Regards,

Gerry

@ salianshashi12 > As we are not found in DRC, it is difficult for us to give you some exact information. We prefer to let the other members living there to share the information that they have with you, like our friend Gerry did. ;)

Also bear in mind that you are receiving some conflicting opinions because not everybody has the same expatriation experience from Kinshasa. So i will advise to gather as much information as possible about Kinshasa and to look for the pros and cons. We are here to help you to find these information, so do not hesitate to ask more questions. :)

For a good start,  i created a new thread with your post on the Kinshasa forum as it will give more light to your questions and as a result it may encourage other members to interact with you as well.

With thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks Gerry & Priscilla . I fully endorse your views. Its better to go with an open mind to a new country, esp. Africa as then one will find it easier to make the adjustment. From my experience in Moz, what I learnt is that if you can master the local language ( French in this case), things will fall into place automatically.