Doctor in Ryadh

Hi. I am a spanish doctor that is thinking on moving to Ryadh this year. I have applied for the job and I am seriously thinking on moving. I know culture shock is great. I have read lots of blogs about this but this is the first forum I join.
I am single, man of course. My name is Juan and I am Pediatric MD, and I have a Fellowship in PICU (I think you call like this). I would like to know things about medical job in Ryadh. They offered me a job at Dr Sulaiman Medical Group Hospital and I hope at PICU or something similar. It is a good place for working?
I like sports, mainly cicling, gym and runnig. I am looking for friendship so when I will be there, I will not feel so lonely

Welcome to Saudi Arabia .. Here cultural difference is too big The people here are committed to the Islamic religion .. Sympathetic to strangers ----- .. Will wipe your background bad about them - I am an Egyptian but my work here in Saudi Arabia
Temperature is too high here, but life does not begin until the evening No Sea in Riyadh If you could ask to work in Jeddah will be the best Because living in Jeddah European culture and different cultures
In Jeddah, Al Ittihad Club International - Work with coach Raul Kaneda You can live with the family of an Egyptian family of U.S. and Canadian family in Jeddah no living with the family of Saudi Arabia, because they love you on the street and work only
In Jeddah life begins in the evening If you want to love you Say I love Al Ittihad There everyone adores Ittihad Club and Real Madrid

..mr ali

Thanks but my working offer is at riyadh si i can not change. I know life begin at night but in Spain is the same. About different culrure I don not mind cause one of the reason of moving is just meeting different ppl

Juan1968 wrote:

Hi. I am a spanish doctor that is thinking on moving to Ryadh this year. I have applied for the job and I am seriously thinking on moving. I know culture shock is great. I have read lots of blogs about this but this is the first forum I join.
I am single, man of course. My name is Juan and I am Pediatric MD, and I have a Fellowship in PICU (I think you call like this). I would like to know things about medical job in Ryadh. They offered me a job at Dr Sulaiman Medical Group Hospital and I hope at PICU or something similar. It is a good place for working?
I like sports, mainly cicling, gym and runnig. I am looking for friendship so when I will be there, I will not feel so lonely

As what I know, HMG is a huge company providing comprehensive healthcare services not only in KSA but in UAE and Bahrain. I think you'll be in good hands especially that you're a pioneering staff, their hospital in Riyadh has on-going construction and it's a huge facility.

Though Riyadh is a conservative city, im sure you'll find ways to beat boredom. Most of the hospitals schedule regular recreation trips for their staff and travel opportunities. Good luck!

Hi, Welcome on board or still ....................................... Jeddah is better so try if there is any chance to move Jeddah,

keith_sanders097 wrote:

Hi, Welcome on board or still ....................................... Jeddah is better so try if there is any chance to move Jeddah,

I agree with you @keith since I've also lived in Jeddah for 3 years, but @Juan reiterated he cant change location. However, maybe he would consider looking at few MOH/ university hospitals there, they offer superb salary and benefits

That is right. If I move there from Spain, I would do that knowing which is the hospital I will work at. And I am almost sure that is Olaya medical Complex.
I know there are lots of better places to work at, but my job offer is at Riyadh and I think it is not so bad. I like living at big cities and I have always loved islamic culture. You remember spain was an islamic kingdom centuries ago. Maybe my islamic genetical charge is moré than I expect

ur welcome here.

Welcome here in Riyadh. Am also new from Pakistan working in a private hospital as GP. but my past working experience is with MSF-OCP in Peads & SAVE THE CHILDREN(USAID). Hopefuly will be great opportunity to learn from you.

Welcome to ksa

Working here is saudi will be great in saving, and hard for you when you start it, but i am sure after a while you ll adapt your life easily

Ola

Hi, Juan. Maybe weŽve been together on the interviews. I was at RitzŽs group last 9th. IŽm just waiting a good offer. Tell me if u finally move. IŽll do the same. Currently IŽm just doing numbers to check weŽll be able to live there (as my wife likes) with the assignation they propose.