Close

Where can I buy nigerian food and make my hair?

Hi my name is Ruth, I'm Nigerian and just moved to São Paulo two weeks ago with my husband. I've been craving for nigerian food and don't know where to go. I also want a salon where they make hair for black people. Thank you.

Hi Ruth,

I'm not sure that it's going to be easy to find Nigerian food even in São Paulo, but if you can't find it at the Mercado Municipal (near Estação Pedro II - Metrô) or at the Mercado da Lapa (across the street from Estação Lapa - CPTM) then try Casa Santa Luzia. Alameda Lorena No. 1471, Jardins - São Paulo - SP www.santaluzia.com.br

If none of them have it you may have to Google Nigerian Restaurants in São Paulo and drop by one of them to ask where they buy things. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to point you in the right direction.

As far as having your hair done, there are good salons all over the city. Hairdressers here are quite accustomed to working with Afro-Brazilian and Afro hair so you shouldn't have any problems getting good service almost anywhere.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you William, I will go check them out soon.
Have a good evening.
Ruth.

hi guys.
my name is william, i am a     Nigerian, a Network engeneer, i am thinking of relocating to brazil soon,i want findout if there are job oportunity brazil and good pay role

Your posting is a little  :offtopic: here, but to answer your question; it is extremely difficult for foreigners to find jobs in Brazil because the law requires all companies to prove that they have exhausted all avenues of filling a job vacancy with a qualified Brazilian before they can fill the vacancy with a foreigner.

Even those graduated in one of the STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) fields have a difficult time obtaining work.

About the only work that is readily available for foreigners is teaching a language and that hardly pays enough to live on, not to mention the fact that language schools DO NOT assist with the immigration process in any way, as most large companies do.

Cheers,

hello Ruth contact to me!!! fedozzim[at]live.com

Hello jubaus,

Do you have any useful information to share here please?

Thank you.
Christine

Hello jubaus,

Just two things:

First,  posting personal information, such as e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc., on open forums is a practice that we really discourage here for reasons of security. It is really not advisable.

Secondly, why would Ruth (a married woman) contact you via e-mail when she doesn't even know you? If you have any relevant information for her then you can certainly post it here.

Please bear in mind that Expat-blog IS NOT a dating or matchmaking site.

Cheers,

Hey Ruth, my name is Tolu. Its been 3months since I started working in Sao Paulo, I am yet to meet any Nigerian something very usual compared to Houston and finding Nigerian food seems almost impossible so I just enjoy rice and beans as substitute.

You can get everything about africa in Centro Sao Paulo, FOOD, FOOD STUFFS, DIFFERENT AFRICAN HAIR SALOONS, AFRICAN MUSICS, ARTISTS AND DJ'S etc, contact MAC X @ MACALEXD[at]GMAIL.COM.We have more than 20 African restuarants in Sao paulo Brazil.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Brazil

Flights to Brazil

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Brazil