Singapore food in India- Mumbai???

Hi all,

I heard local Indians are foodies and especially in a metropolitan city like Mumbai, the people there simply love food. So it this true? Also, where can I find Singapore food in India, Mumbai?

Good question , but if it is to find in India then it will be on the Mumbai Yellow Pages you need to be looking!

But Singapore....isnt their cuisine a blend of South Indian, Chinese or Malay cuisines?

Hi,

Singapore is a multi-racial country. So we do have a blend of Chinese, Malay, Singapore and Western food. I need to find out the popularity of Singapore food in Mumbai.

Hi Jo-lim,

It won't be easy to find "Singapore" food in Mumbai, if you mean the dishes that are more unique to Singapore (or Singapore/Malaysia): carrot cake, Hainanese chicken rice, laksa, etc.

There are several Chinese restaurants around. Most serve Indianised Chinese food, but a handful are more authentic. The  one in the Four Seasons Hotel even serves Hainanese chicken rice at lunch (but don't expect the same rice). There are some restaurants that advertise items like "nasi goreng" and "laksa" on their menus, although they usually won't taste the same.

You can see restaurants listed at mumbai.burrp.com (similar service to hungrygowhere.com.

Hello,

Wouldn't you find "Singapore" food in Shiro, lower Parel? It is definitely asiatic food and the place is one of the most beautiful restaurant/lounge in Mumbai..!-) According to me.

All the best, Bon appétit!

Jo_lim wrote:

Hi all,

I heard local Indians are foodies and especially in a metropolitan city like Mumbai, the people there simply love food. So it this true? Also, where can I find Singapore food in India, Mumbai?

I definately think singapore food - authentic malay food in particular would be a great hit .. the entire nasi padang works .. we dun find nothing like it here in this part of the world.. not close to the real taste atleast ...

http://www.zomato.com/mumbai/restaurants/singaporean

THE QUERY WAS ASKED IN 2010 .

:lol:

And still relevant today.

Yes it totally is! I was looking for the same - Singapore food - in Bombay. Some restaurants have their version of Singapore noodles, but its completely not representative of the different varieties found here. (Singapore) Please let me know if you guys found a place that serves singapore food, esp mock meat.